1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Chris Squire Yes Bassist

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

2. ton

ton Arf!

exceptional bassist in a band full of extraordinary musicians.

what a legacy...

Thanks, Chris. :beer:

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

RIP rocker.

4. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Saw Yes last year. Great show. I'll tell ya, Steve Howe ain't lookin so great himself. Loved their replacement singer, Jon Davison.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Damn. One of my favorite bands and player.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Wow.. I saw him in the Round back in 79 at the Omni in Atlanta... They jammed...

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

The Doctor...the real Doctor.

8. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Saw them on the 90125 tour, I must've been about 14. Bits of that show are still stuck in my brain like it was yesterday, they were great

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Same tour, Madison, WI. What an incredible show it was!

10. scott65

scott65 Well-Known Member

My all time favorite band. Have seen them numerous times. Two years ago, I sat on the fourth row, directly in front of Steve Howe. :rock: About fifteen years ago, Allan White was in town doing a drum seminar, and got to talk to him. He was so down to earth, and within minutes, you felt he had been your friend for years. Chris Squire was always the rock in the band. He will be missed, but not forgotten. :beer:

11. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

The only member of the band to appear on every album.

12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Listening to "Heart of the Sunrise"....over and over again. Happy, but then sad, knowing his genius is over.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

My favorite Musician, and musical Hero...

No other musician has influenced me so much. :bow:

Back in about 71/72, I heard Roundabout on AM rock radio, and as a 11 or 12 year old I thought it's like the band members are all playing different things, but it all comes together as one (These guys are COOL!) - and that was the magic of Yes.... And that's when I became a Yes fan. :rock:

He made me want to play Bass, I never did - but he has inspired my air bass for 40 years or so.... that Rick sounds sooo sweet....:p

IMHO, he's the *best* bassist there is, he (and John Entwistle) moved the instrument front and center in rock and roll, and Chris helped write so many of those EPIC Yes songs.

I saw Yes for the 18th time last year, (started in 1976) and I'm glad our Daughter (22) was along for the show this time.

He was the only member that was in the band through all the personnel changes, and until this year's tour, *had never missed playing Bass in a Yes show* .... And they started in 1968!!!! :bow:

14. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

That was going through my head all day at work...... :rock:

Pure Genius. :beer: