1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wants to teach me about Brainerd

Discussion in 'General' started by Derick, May 28, 2015.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Not everyone shares Tony's dark cloud :D opinion of the short course.

It has a technical section with the Joker and a massively off camber blind turn T13 after the bridge (new track), and a faster flowing section (old track). Honestly most people like it but everyone's heart is with the long course. If you don't like technical corners, then you will not like the Joker...if you like to mix it up and enjoy a technical corner then you'll love it.

Here's an older vid with Jensen at a trackday. Notice his downshift into the carousel, then into the joker...this is how you get a drive out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1HQ8VmFAz4

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

If you want technical and fun, go to VIR...

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Last I heard both Jensen and Fryer didn't care much about the new lay out. Certainly not any "safer".

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Fryer doesn't like anything, no matter what the topic, so his opinion it moot.

5. CRA_Fizzer

Jensen was one of the first people out on the short course. The Joker was a result of that... There is nothing more you can really do there, too much wetlands.

6. CRA_Fizzer

This squared! :crackup:

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup::D

8. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Any locals do the KTM demo day there without using the "joker" layout in 2011? The flow is much better, but I don't think the organizers' had a good feel for what could happen with the angles the joker corrects.

only a matter of time before the whole thing is gone, I'm afraid.

9. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Impressive downshifting with some serious lean!!!:clap:

10. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

I do track days at BIR often, ZARS and Road Closed are the orgs, they both make us use the joker.

Since the repave the track is much better in terms of smooth surface and grip but they did not address many of the complaints above.

As stated above bring all your own stuff as there is no concession stand or anything. Also the gas station at the entrance of BIR has closed recently.

If you go to MNSBR message my buddy member GODSPEED, he has been racing BIR forever and won many CRA championships there including the 1000 expert class last year.

11. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

^^ thanks

12. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

I love the ripples coming out of the turns. My r6 loved them even more.