1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious question about wake/funeral etiquette.

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I also want Joe Morris to be given control of my ID here. That way, he can let his inner Charles Manson out and not have anyone think twice.

Back to the original question, I like flowers and think they take away some of the sting of a funeral.

2. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Maybe they refuse to listen to instruction because of the way you present them.:Poke:;)

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Small?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't want to be paying for all you f@cks. One half keg of meister brau, charge $3 a cup and if you jerks want more, you can bring your own.

Even in death I'm gonna be cheap.

But then again, if enough people come, $3 a solo, might be a chance to make a couple of bucks. Hmmm?

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

The margin's better on Natty light.

6. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

Since I'm in the funeral biz it may help you to know even the funeral professionals F this up. It is regularly ignored and flowers are sent. I was laughing with a funeral director about this at my Dads funeral. We asked for cancer research donations "in Lieu of"... we got some of both. Many of the flowers were from industry associates that should know better...

Stressful time.... let it go....

Yes, they would like a donation to the cause they have named but it's not uncommon to send flowers anyway/also.

7. DirtNap

DirtNap used, but not used up.

LOL,,, I'll drink your cheap beer just cause it pisses you off,,,, But I will have a flask of good booze on me. :D

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

OK, now your alias makes sense. :up:

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Put a tap on the side of your coffin. Should be room for the keg where the bottom half of a regular person's legs would go.
    Folks can kneel down, pull a glass and toast you. Maybe put a plate of cheese and crackers on your chest.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Many people thing "in lieu of" means "in light of".

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This...small arrangement and donation.

12. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Those people ain't so bright. :D

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Funny you mention that. After reading some of the responses I called the florist and cancelled the big floral wreath thing in favor of something more subtle.

My deceased colleague's family is actually in the funeral business, hence my sensitivity to doing it right.

14. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

Joe would really really like that!

17. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

solid.

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I have a long standing arrangement with my best friend.
    No flowers. Cheap ole pine box. The worms can have me. no need to waste any more money on me.

Just bring BYOB, pour me a shot of Absolute(The best we could afford in college and oh so many memories) and dance on my grave.

Cortez can bring the soundtrack.:D

IMO Funerals are a guilt game on the family, you need the 10k everlong casket not the 4k dirt nap :) brand
    Same with flowers. YOU need a bazillion flowers to show your loved one was cared for.

Horsehockey
    A well wishing card is fine. Do the donation

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  19. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Your pricing is off. I just paid nearly $4K for Mom's cremation and associated fees. A casket and full funeral and burial is a lot more than $10K.

Some flowers are nice at the service. A little beauty and life in the space while we celebrate the life of the departed is nice, but I do agree that there's no need to go overboard.

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Just making an example:Poke: