1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, so, Waffle House...

Discussion in 'General' started by pscook, Apr 20, 2015.

1. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

We have one more day in Texas. Mama is talking Waffle House for breakfast. Yes or no? We are in Seabrook, if it matters. No car, dependent on the motel shuttle with a 10 minute/10 mile range.

If we go, what's the preferred/suggested hashbrown style? What do we avoid (besides clientele)? Or, any breakfast/brunch suggestions for the Seabrook/NASA area?

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

luvs me some waffle house, get em smothered covered topped and chunked and diced and peppered!!!!!

3. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

So much good seafood down there, and your going to Waffle House..........

But, they make great breakfast, just the way it should be.

Hash brown just barely crispy, with some salt and ketchup.

4. I miss waffle house. :(

5. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Yeah, no shit, right? Bay Town Seafood one night, T Bone Tom's another, and Gabacho's tonight. Kemah boardwalk fried goodness for lunch yesterday and Johnson Space Center cafeteria today. So, yeah, we have hit the major points, and now she wants Waffle House. I stopped in one back in 1992 in Arizona, beyond that I only know what I read right here.

Well, I'm just the monkey, she turns the crank on the organ. If I can help pick the tune, well, then maybe I come ahead. And it's breakfast, so why not hit the house at least once?

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

HELL YES to Waffle House. Oh man do I miss that place.2 eggs scrambled, whole wheat toast, sausage, and double hash browns. I can almost smell the sausage now.

7. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

You've hit all the good places. Definitely time for some greasy breakfast goodness.

8. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Waffle House kicks ass. I would get the hash browns plain, and crispy, make sure you get a pecan waffle on the side...

9. ped

ped Banned

I ate at a waffle house once, I'm not proud of it but I was hungry. I was in there reading a book and the waitress comes over chomping her gum and asked "whatcha readin' for?" Not what am I reading....what am I reading for....I said well shit you stumped me. I guess I read for many reasons but main has to be so I don't end up as a fuckin' waffle waitress.

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awful house :Puke::moon::Puke::moon::Puke::moon::D

I'd rather have M&Ms

11. bad67deuce

bad67deuce Well-Known Member

Well, if you do go, you can at least be confident that when you leave you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself. It's my experience that you see some pretty f'd up people in that place.

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Waffle House for the win! Covered, chunked, country, capped. Oh, and the waffles are good too.

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Get it right. It's the Awful Waffle.

And it's delicious. Just like M&M's!!!

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Scattered, splattered, covered and chunked. Make sure the single stall is clear!

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If it ends in House I stay away... But them damned omlets are good!

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

On the way up to Road Atlanta, after 4 miserable hours in the rain... I had to break my moratorium on them. Even in my soaking wet gear, with dye stained hands & helmet head... I was not the worst dressed. :D.

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

If you are ever the worst dressed in Waffle House you are a challenged wardrobe applier. If the waitress doesn't call you 'Hon,' you don't belong in the South!

18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn man....don't forget the coffee. Jet fuel ya know.

19. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

He!! yes Waffle House, I mean are you Merican or what? You're in TX, I think it's a must.

Don't be afraid to just get the MVP breakfast, bacon of course, double the hashbrowns and ask for the extra crispy, then add as many toppings as your little heart desires.

If you don't go, you will probably regret it until you die. Truth.

20. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You must get a waffle.