1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Total Gym?

Discussion in 'General' started by Woody_303, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Woody_303

Woody_303 Well-Known Member

I found a brand new Total Gym Fit (the new model) for pretty cheap. Are these things junk? I realize any exercise is better than none, but are the Total Gym exercises good? I'm a 49-year-old man looking for general fitness and toning - not at all after bulk. The compact folded size (I live in a 400 sqr. ft house) and versatility are appealing. Thanks.

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

If it's what gets you motivated, go for it. Although you could do that with no equipment at all and body weight exercises if you really wanted to. Takes up no space, and nothing to buy.

3. Team G

Team G Wake me when its over

Good low impact high reps cardio & toning for us old fart types. If it's new & cheap, go for it. You can always resell it after stubbing your toe on it for the 5th time under the bed. And it's the closest thing to swimming without the pool.

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

take Pilates classes. You won't regret it ;)

Pilates classes are full of hot chicks

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

If you don't buy it I may want you to buy it for me and I'll pay you to ship it to me. We use one at Project Walk for certain rehab exercises and I would like to have one at my home too.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If it folds up and tucks away, how will you use it as a clothes rack? :confused: :D

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

400 sqft *house*?

I live in a 550sqft apartment, it's not tiny, but it's not very big. I'm not even really sure how a house this size would work. I definitely wouldn't be able to fit any gym equipment in here.

And, +1 to what cortez said. If you don't work out often now, it sucks to do alone let alone try and build a habit of it alone. Find a class with a schedule you can do and join that. People deride classes but the social motivation is effective. Plus the hot chicks.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

How hot are hot yoga chicks then?

9. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Don't do hot yoga. Ever.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If it if it's good enough for Chuck Norris how dare you ask if it's any good?

;)

11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Around here? Hot yoga hicks are hot as fuck buuuuuuttt......All in all...

[​IMG]

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

True dat. Hail to the squats!

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You may not want to go there. Remember the yoga/cellulite cat fight?

14. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm an old guy trying to get back in shape too. Get a bicycle. I've gotten in to mountain biking with my son and brother and it's a blast.

Join the WERA Strava group and it gives you something to shoot for every week. Yeah, I'll never approach the 100+ miles that some of these guys do, but my 20-30 a week makes me feel good.

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Shouldn't those read "former triathlete" after you chopped his legs off to take those pictures? :D

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Go for it. They work well enough.

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

A good brisk walk for 45 minutes to a hour will do you alot of good too. I do most mornings, weather permitting.

19. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

I'm easily motivated to attend yoga class everyday. Yoga is the gift that keeps on giving!:clap:

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Leaving nice looking ham steaks for med students is not high on my priority list.