1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX250/250R Racing Everything you need to know

Discussion in 'General' started by cajun636, Jun 15, 2010.

1. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Lighter is better, but too much grip makes that noodle chassis unhappy. Those things need a good front tire, and a rear that won't push out mid corner.

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Maybe that's why it works on his....they are always take offs from no telling how many laps!

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I have a front rotor I'll sell you. PM if interested.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Hey man, we going to see you any this year? At least come hang out.

5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Even Ed being a smaller rider.... that was impressive on that stock bike! Even Wayne, Ron, and I ranging from 30-40lbs heavier than Ed ran some 31's which isn't shabby on that worn out bike.

I remember a while back when Ron had told me of the guys in the Northwest ran a 125 rear, and thought they were nuts! It works, and is a no brainer too me with the lighter weight and the plenty of grip from the D'lop take-off's, not too mention they last damn near forever it seems.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I sure hope so; I miss you guys and the racing. Lacrosse starts tomorrow and goes until May, so probably not before then. Hope to make Cycle Jam or Barber in July, maybe camp out with kid #1 (she'll be 3.5).

I will not be racing, however. I'd like to say it's because of the blood thinners, but I just don't think I'll be racing for another few years, not until the girls are older/I stop coaching.

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No worries, just bring yourself and the little one out and see everyone. :up:

8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Is ebay my best bet for a stock air box?

9. sowega

sowega #710

try suncoastcyclesports.com. I found a replacement airbox for our B bike there for about $20.

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I've had good luck with Greens, no relation, he even delivers to a local shop here in Nashville.

11. baconologist

thanks!

12. baconologist

Thanks for all the help guy's!! it's getting closer

[​IMG]

13. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good stuff.

I'm talking to a local guy about buying his crashed street 250. Ya might see me out on one...

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Bout time you come back home and race with the fun crowd! I have been thinking one of those new 300s would be cool, but alas, no funds!

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

It's all fun. Even blowing a lot of cash to run mid pack AMA was fun. SV's and 250's are just more fun for the buck lol

16. ruckusracing

I tell people that all the time...

I do have a airbox question. If it has been cut, but you epoxy the holes, can you still use it to race?

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Not now, cheater! :D

18. Doug113

Doug113 Well-Known Member

I should have an airbox. PM if you still need one.

Doug

19. baconologist

I grabbed on off of ebay. But it lokks like the JGP tire pimp may need one. :)

20. ruckusracing

Lol.......