1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mortgage rates...

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Where are y'all watching the rates for the most current info?

Building a house and trying to get some day to day on where the rates have been moving over the last 90 days to hopefully predict correctly when to lock.

Thanks

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

When I was monitoring, I used http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/mortgage_rates/
    If you click on the product (example 30 yr FRM), it will bring you to a page with a graph where you can change the time period to different values (1 mo, 3 mo, 6 mo, etc).
    Are you going with a construction or conventional?

3. ClemsonsR6

Construction to perm, single close.

4. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

Is Regions bank in your area? They have one of the best construction loans in Charlotte. New Dominion is excellent as well.

5. ClemsonsR6

Not sure on regions. We are planning to use BB&T since we do all our other banking there. I will have to check on Regions. I know for certain that New Dominion isn't here.

6. Trev230EX

Trev230EX Put me in coach

BB&T is pretty good. I've banked with them since 1995. Check the local banks that are smaller. Most of them typically have a strong presence in development and residential construction loans. None of the larger banks will be even remotely close to competitive (from what I've seen over the last 10 years)

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

I use Mortech.com...but I also work for a mortgage bank.:D

8. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

South Kakalaki...BB&T 3.4%:clap:

9. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

Bankrate.com. worked great for my last refi. I chased rates for a while before I locked in.

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I really need to get some things finished around here so I can refi conventional.....

11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm locked in at 2.75% so I'm having a hard time moving but keep wanting to build.

Ideally I want to buy a piece of junk lakefront house on grosse ile, bulldoze it, buy plans from an architect, hire my contractors , and do it that way.

I have a lot of friends in the building trades so it isn't a big deal to pull off Other than borrowing the money.

My current 15yr. Is with green tree. I started with quickenand they sold me off