Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 6, 2009.

1. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I guess I shouldn't admit I hadn't seen SOA before so I've started it now to go through it end to end. Did the same thing with House of Cards, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead this past summer. Still haven't gotten into Game of Thrones yet. Tried but think I have to concentrate a bit more watching it.

2. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I watched the finale and taped the after show with Hunnam and Sutter. In the after show, they had the producer of the Shield and he talked about how Sutter wasn't sure if he had enough edge in the beginning to write for him on the Shield. However, I find it funny that a lot of people bitched about the Shield's finale and now you get the same kind of let down with this show. Pretty shitty track record so far.

The other thing that pissed me off was how I think Sutter thinks HA now because he employs two members as part of the show (Happy and Rusty Coones). Besides that, I was pretty let down that he wouldn't even give his view on the homeless chick and some of the other symbols throughout the seasons. He referenced it by saying "the homeless girl can be whatever you want it to be." F*** that, you wrote it for a specific reason to convey to an audience. You tell me what the F*** it's supposed to be.

3. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

Bingo! Smits was on point as Nero...totally convincing.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Definitely. He deserves a lead show after this. He brought incredible range to that character.

5. ton

ton Arf!

thank FSM that's over.

i think Sutter got the level of symbolism right for the audience.

i hate myself for watching the last three seasons.

only redeeming thing about the last three was Smits.

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Some of y'all take your TV a little bit too seriously.

I thought it was a great series and had a good ending.

Great story.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

No where near The Wire, but nothing else been either...

8. Rodger

Rodger RamJet

Inho , the Billy Jack movies of the 60s made many people want to become " bikers " . I think this show will do the same . I wonder why people emulate bad characters . I like The Americans , but wonder why I am pulling for the spys , especially when they kill innocent americans in the show . My nephew named his son Jackson and bought a Hardley . I can not agree more that some people take tv much too seriously . Weird how much of our society relates to fantasy/fiction in a real way .

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Theatre got people beheaded in Elizabethan times. People have always taken narratives seriously. Fiction or not. That's why every house has a tv in it.

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

:beer::clap:

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

How I missed this show is beyond me. Definitely liking it! Should have it finished in about two weeks. :D

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Instead of counting bodies try counting kidnappings in the first few season lol.

13. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm on the third episode season one. Believe it's the third. They just took care of the clown that attacked the girl at the fair.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You will be amazed at the slow response of Charming PD lol. 911 is a joke in that town!

15. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, I've already taken note of that. LOL

I must say, it's funny as hell when the police comes out and finds tires flat.

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

While I agree his performance over the season has been very very good... His character reminds me too much of the men I grew up around. I love/hate his character.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The people behind SOA must have snorted all the TV money. They are putting out a sequel: Mayans MC.

After the chickenshit-ass-bullshit way they copped out on the ending of SOA, I won't be watching. I won't even torrent that shit.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The whole show was bullshit wannabe biker jerkoff fantasy. Every one of those idiots would have been doing life in prison by the middle of the first season.

pfhenry likes this.
  19. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

As was Breaking Bad. It was still very entertaining, which was the point of making it in the first place.

HPPT, Sabre699 and BigBird like this.
  20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

And somehow, they are planning a prequel to SOA, with some of the same actors. There isn't enough vasoline and camera filters to get those actors to look 20 years younger, tens years after it hit TV.