1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you voete? Do you think it matters?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Nov 4, 2014.

?

Did you vote? Does it matter?

1. Yes, I voted.

43 vote(s)
    55.1%
  2. No, I didn't vote.

6 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. I voted but it doesn't matter.

17 vote(s)
    21.8%
  4. I didn't vote because it doesn't matter.

12 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Awwwwww, little bitter today are we?? It's ok, your guy failed. Typical liberal response, it must be because of racism and Fox News that your guy and your party has failed miserably. It couldn't be because their fault, right??

2. Tom Wolf!!!:Poke::D

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

:crackup:

4. Sacko DougK

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

To be honest, I don't think Corbett did anything really spectacular as Governor. I gave him C's for grades.

5. TuesdayHugh

TuesdayHugh Four Day Weekend Dude

:crackup:

Mickey's one of our homies out here on the left coast!

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Voted, for those that say it doesn't matter, school board, one guy lost by 4 votes, another won by 19. We had a vote a couple years ago that was a one vote difference, on the recount it was two. :)

7. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

For the first time since I turned 18 I didn't vote. I realized it doesn't fucking matter. When I get rich I will just pay off people to do my bidding anyway, it's much more direct than voting. What's the going rate to own a standard bog Congress critter? Not the Senatorial or House leadership models, but your average House critter.

8. six6two

six6two AWD

As long as corporations can get to these guys once they're in office, it absolutely does not matter which ones you put there. 3rd party? There's only 1 party. Cash is king.

Bush spoke at a school I attended a few years ago, and he basically said that if you go to Washington as a good person with good intentions, you are either changed or leave. Interesting coming from a president who served 2 terms. It was funny seeing him talk about being back to picking up his own dog's shit as soon as he got back to TX :D

9. Sacko DougK

That's not surprising, the Clinton's came out of the White House broke after his two terms.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Of course I do not really know which way you lean politically but others with your attitude is probably what got the Democrat's asses kicked so badly. The Republicans were fired up because of Obama's ill conceived ideas and strong arm tactics when dealing with Congress so they got out to vote while the previous supporters of Obama grew so disillusioned over the last six years that they just stayed home. I'm hoping against hope that many Obama supporters learned a valuable lesson with their support of an untested "community organizer" as President. Maybe they'll be a bit more cautious next time. Probably not. :)

11. Sacko DougK

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

13. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Republican Governors in my state tend to be fiscal conservatives but social liberals. Their usual pro choice position on abortion tends to get them into hot water when they enter national politics.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Unless of course, for those voters that didn't vote for the winners. Are they responsible for the idiots in office?:)

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Come on now Beac, the guns were not the problem with all those events. The firearm was one of the tools used to end them. I took his statement in a sense that eventually, unless Government goes in another direction from the present, it may just take armed citizens to straighten it up. We did it once before. Remember that part of history?

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

With all the police haters of late, Darren, being a member of the grammar police, is afraid to show his face. :)

17. Sacko DougK

Darren fights the fights he know he has a good chance of winning, vice the ones he doesn't have a good chance at winning. Vice being a winning fight, this is a losing fight.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, the "professor" thing came out of him going out of his way to pick a fight he couldn't win. :D

19. Sacko DougK

I thought that was my character on here??