1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clive Bundy - Sued

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Jedb, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

dumb animals are easy animals to care for and slaughter.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

true.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am not exactly Rowdy Yates here. I have a whopping two head on a friends ranch in Montague.

3. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

let me guess. you named them, didnt you?

4. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

You say that as if youve dealt with a smart cow. :D

5. Fonda Dix

Despite my very strong desire to provide Mr. Falafel with my recollection of the facts pertaining to this matter, counsel has advised me that I should avail myself of the protections provided by the Constitution and the Fifth Amendment that so many brave Americans have fought to support and defend. I intend to follow that advise exactly.

6. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

what did you name them?

7. Fonda Dix

*sigh*

Cocoa and Annabelle

8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

:crackup:

Pure WIN!

Chris, are you trying to leash train them yet? Limos are easy to leash train and saddle break.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

[​IMG]

Win

10. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I would be interested know if there is any jurisdiction in the US where livestock has the right of way.

I don't do much legal work with livestock, except that one time I helped Nazi-f when he got busted for what he said were "animal husbandry experiments."

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Two remarks about this thread:

- Once again, Mike's principles shift depending on what he's arguing on a even day. Personal responsibility of the cattle owner? Doesn't matter this time.

- Nazif's cows get massages and beer. Why the fuck would they ever try to escape?

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Where Interstate on/off ramps connect to open range land, there is a cattle guard on the ramp. I've run into these out west in Utah, Nevada, etc.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There are quite a few ramps on I-15 through southern Utah with cattle guards. I would guess more of them do then don't, but I don't know for certain.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The responsibility has to be actual, not just alleged, and I enumerated what I saw as possible problems. Show me the proof of his personal responsibility.
    Show me where I said the responsibility of the cattle owner didn't matter.

And maybe a huge arm stuck up your ass negates beer and massages.

15. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I remember that. I paid you with dung.

16. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Bad Mongo!

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That was mighty generous of you.

It looks like the laws dealing with open range and livestock presents an extremely convoluted situation. Texas is an open range state unless............

http://equinelaw.alisonrowe.com/tags/open-range/

18. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

The livestock owner is responsible in Iowa.

19. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

The Texas Agriculture Code states "[a] person who owns or has responsibility for the control of a horse, mule, donkey, cow, bull, steer, hog, sheep, or goat may not knowingly permit the animal to traverse or roam at large, unattended, on the right-of-way of a highway." Tex. Agric. Code § 143.102 (Vernon 2004)(emphasis added). The statute defines a "highway" as "a U.S. highway or a state highway in this state, but does not include a numbered farm-to-market road." Id. at § 143.101. Therefore, U.S. and state highways in Texas are effectively considered closed ranged. Conversely, the 40,000-plus miles of farm-to-market roads in Texas are unaffected by this statute.

That would mean that fm1093 aka westheimer (one of the busiest roads in texas and where the galleria sits) is an open range road.

my ranches sit in brazora, burnet, and ft bend counties...they are all closed range counties with stock laws.

20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

What is the difference in a bull running and a bull charging?

http://www.running-of-the-bulls.com/pamplona/the-bull-run

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014