Jennings gp races?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

hindle will sell you the new end cap & insert piece for what ever system you have. It will require you drilling out the rivets to install the new end cap.

3. TurboBlew

I thought Vintage guys mantra was "built not bought" :D
    A perforated insert would be my best guess. Obviously that may require a retune.

4. TurboBlew

lets not jump ahead here... nowhere did I read they were closing just canceling races. CCS may have pushed them over the edge since the last event ran late and the shootout is run w/o mufflers

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If they ran a race without mufflers that was just f'ing stupid. :down:

Nothing like trying to piss off the neighbors. :mad:

6. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

the shootout is always the last race of the day and without mufflers. that may have definitely been the final straw!

7. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Not entirely true. They can run up to 6pm if needed, and they actually went straight to the Shootout right after the last points race to get it in.... literally no break!

As for no mufflers.... they didn't have to run them at PBIR, and not sure about Homestead, but pretty sure they ran them at Jennings, as JGP has always had a noise restriction, and they would've been in trouble looong ago if they ran open exhausts. Hard to not notice w/o a muffler being how loud they are. There were a few we questioned watching along the fence, but they weren't obnoxiously loud as one w/o a muffler would be.
    Only one I'm aware of was Henry's R1 which he just putted around the track during Red Flags/Clean up, and that was distinctively loud then!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  8. jeffr1ey

jeffr1ey Well-Known Member

his R1 is obnoxiously loud.. it almost annoying, especially considering he is putting around the track lol..

9. TurboBlew

Pretty sure it was 6:20 when we pulled out of the Jennings gate right after the last race. ;)

10. jramsey8258

jramsey8258 Member

The Corvette track in Bowling Green should be open then.

11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Your clock/watch must be fast! :D

A few of us were with Borge at the fence watching the time..... they just did get it in!

12. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I just did a quick Google map of Jennings GP and the track is encased in a forest of trees. I am sure some sound will make its way out but jeez, there is nothing around it. The closest house is on the main road there and I bet the road produces more noise.

13. hdpromos

hdpromos Well-Known Member

Since we are all affected by this situation. When it comes to something as serious as having to cancel races in the middle of both the CCS & WERA seasons, you should at least get your facts straight. Saying that "CCS may have pushed them over the edge since the last event ran late and the shootout is run w/o mufflers"!

That statement is total BS! We ran past our target of 5pm and the checkers waved at exactly 6pm. Which is the deadline. When we run at JGP all bikes must have mufflers and cannot exceed the DB limit. We run the Shoot-Out at Homestead and Palm Beach without mufflers but never at Jennings. The relationship between CCS and WERA has been a good one going all the way back to the 70's and it continues today. This situation at JGP has caused problems for both series. When we put on events at JGP we have always respected their rules, as I am sure WERA has. So please check your facts before posting crap like that!:down:

14. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Sean, in your experience, how effective are noise berms? (Dirt) seems like the least cost method, if they work?

15. TurboBlew

notice I used the word "may" and not "did". Being that the rest of the planned events are now canceled for both orgs, what would you think the event did for relations with the county? :FL:

16. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Weak excuse, TurboBlew. The two parts you had very wrong were stating that "the last event ran late" and the assertion that "the shootout is run w/o mufflers," which you used to imply that unmuffled bikes were run at Jennings GP. Using "may" doesn't change the implication of what you wrote.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Honestly no idea, I've never measured the noise before and after - and Jennings has berms between the track and the main complaining neighbor.

Also on the starts this while I'm responding - the exhaust noise on a start is aimed away from that neighbor, it's the overall noise. However if the limit is now at 102 then we're out either way.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still seemed like an accusation to me. Either way, we know that wasn't the case thanks to Henry.

There is no way that one event did anything to hurt an issue that has been going on since the track opened.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I heard a rumor years ago that the farmer who complained back then became quiet after he was threatened with turning him in for hiring illegal aliens. But again, this is just interweebs rumor.

20. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

they always require db legal mufflers for the shootout AND all weekend for the ccs events at JenningsGP . We have never ran a mufflerless shootout there. HD pays everyone the full purse, other tracks ya have to have no muffler to get the full purse for the shootout though.

edit: .. i see this was addressed earlier :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014