1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

training for the heat

Discussion in 'General' started by ped, Jun 16, 2014.

1. ped

ped Banned

what do you all do to help in the peak of summer? Im like way fuckin overweight too so I about die. Been riding my bike but I doubt anywhere near enough.

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

keep going,drink lots of water,and eat good. yes,that simple in a nutshell really.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Got to get out in it and acclimate. That and drink lots and lots if water and get your electrolytes.

4. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

It isn't hot yet.

Just saying...

I work outside every day, so no need to acclimate for me.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

[​IMG]

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's got what plants crave

7. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

Ride more. Eat a lot less.

Get you some of these for hot weather drinking. http://shop.nuun.com/tri-berry

Make sure and drink enough. If you don't, you'll feel super crazy hungry.

8. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Three 45 minute outside bike rides per week will make a huge difference. That and eating better of course.

9. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Draik mows grass and does weed-eating. Going to go tomorrow and work on clearing brush off of a creek bank. We have force him to drink enough though...

10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I'm from MS so its not a problem. Hot and humid go together down here.

I hate winter so the heat doesn't bother me. Just drink plenty of liquids you'll be fine.

11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

Hot yoga....seriously! I added hot yoga to my training routine for Suzuka last year and it really helped me to be prepared for the ridiculous Japanese summer heat!

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Like others have said it just now got to 90 here in Georgia.... Wait a few weeks and it will be well over 100... For Events I just start Hydrating 5 days prior.... Eat less and use a cool towel and shade... I already Mow the grass and pull weeds every week in this crap but Draik could come on over anytime!!!

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i usually ride at the crack of dawn when it's cooler but yesterday i had to ride after work and it was around 90. :eek:

i use the three bottle system, 2 to drink and one to squirt on my head and neck. :up:

14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

This.

15. The toy hauler made a HUGE difference for me. Being able to go sit down and cool off between every couple of races makes a huge difference in the way i feel towards the end of the day/weekend.

I can do back-to-back races, go sit in the A/C for about 10min (till i stop sweating) drink 1/2 a Gatorade and 20oz of water and im good to go.

In the summer in the Southeast, you can get dehydrated without doing anything. Just being outside affects you. If you don't have a toy hauler, maybe find a classroom or something to go relax in for about 10-15min out of every hour, it will make a huge difference at the end of the day.

16. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Bale Hay :D

Back when I was younger I worked on a farm. I had no problem doing two hour endurance races by myself:beer:....

17. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Turn off the AC.

When I raced ofroad I noticed a huge difference in my ability to deal with the heat after turning the AC off in my house and truck.

That and not drinking soft drinks or other sweet drinks.

My brother was an AC junkie and drank several cokes a day. Within a few weeks of changing things up for myself I could easily outpace him on a hot day and not be totally whiped out on the drive home.

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Buy a dirt bike and do hare scrambles. Nothing else will ever make you sweat again. Ever. :D

19. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ I believe that!!

20. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

This is an interesting idea. I only did it once and I was sweating like a sprinkler. If you could get used to that I think you'd be fine in the southeast atleast.