Power Companies in (Deregulated) North Texas...

Discussion in 'General' started by kz2zx, May 19, 2014.

1. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

TXU or TruSmart?

The pic is a graph in Excel of the rates I found on 'powertochoose dot com', the Texas power-company shopping site. Should expand with a double-click.

[​IMG]

Any experiences with either?

TIA

2. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

No, but I don't think I'd go near TruSmart only beacause per powertochoose they have the lowest rating because of all their complaints. I just switched last week and found that Green Mountain had the best rate with their Conserve Reliable plan. I use under 1,000 kWh/month though, not sure what your per month usage is. On powertochoose, after you enter your zip did you go to narrow your search? That helped me a lot.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If you are conserving, be aware that many of the Texas providers will charge you an additional fee if you go UNDER their minimum in a period.

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

TXUs parent company just filed for bankruptcy, not sure if, or how, that will affect things.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

OBTW, we've been with StarTex for several years and are quite happy with them. As a former TXU dividend investor, I would set up my own windmill before I gave them a red cent!

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Same assholes, new names.

7. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the one I got has no base charge and no minimum usage but you need to be sure and read each providers electricity facts label that's for sure. They stick all kinds of things in that you don't initially see.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Turns out I'm in Farmer's Cooperative (north and east of Collin County), so it's a monopoly on service.

Got it squared away, thanks!

9. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Dave, I'm flying in for the 4th of July CMRA round at Cresson, let me know if you want to get in trouble.

10. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Maybe, Mike. I may have to have a barbeque/cookout housewarming over that weekend.

PM'ed you.