Which workout to do next ?

Discussion in 'General' started by AJ, May 8, 2014.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm the guy in the robe with no sleeves. :D

It's pretty much a cult, no denying that. You'll never have to wonder if someone does crossfit, they'll have told you ten times before you could ask...

Now that I know I'm, safe, I recommend Crossfit. :up:

Everyone is different, but it works for me. What I like is that I don't get bored, they push me far harder than I would be willing to go on my own, it's over in one hour, and the results are far beyond anything I've done before.

Plus they have this purple sugary drink there, I can't get enough...

2. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Nazif, I can bench 90lbs. Yes arms stretched, lower back slightly raised, thighs not touching.

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

4. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Thanks! I am going to try this one when my knees and back are 100%.

5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Kidding aside, just make sure you find a good gym. There are Crossfit affiliates everywhere, and the certification program is a bit loose. Like everything else in life, they will range from very good to not so good...

Most of the negative comments I've heard stem from either misunderstanding or experience with the wrong gym.

6. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

This, 100%. Virtually no quality control on affiliates. Any Tom, Dick or Harry can pay the $1000, hang a crossfit sign and start yelling "3-2-1-GO!" That doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

7. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I will shit my pants.

I quoted you Cotez because i know that you would into it!

8. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

There is one in Wildomar close to me I will check out.
    After breaking my back, Doc said don't lift more than 100lbs so hopefully this one won't kill me.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was going to suggest some good posterior chain work since the workouts you've been doing are all heavy on the front of the body and light on the back, but the broken back sure limits the deadlifts, squats, power cleans, and other similar exercises.

10. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

Could these exercises be done with 100lb weights ? I am all ears.

11. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

The secret is.............................. Eat less, move more!

All joking aside, I'm in the 18th year of training and I've NEVER taken up a single fad program. I watch and laugh at all the know it all's at the gym doing exotic movements which are typically hurting their bodies and continue about my old school high intensity routine. My fave is Xfit, it's nothing but severely beating the living hell out of your joints, especially the knees with all the hopping and BS. My leg workout every other week nets sore quads and hammy's for 5 days to the point where walking up stairs is agony. You need to find a routine that works for you not a boxed program designed for the masses. At 37 yrs. old I ride circles around guys in their early 20's at practices and track days. They typically crap out at about 2p and load it on the trailer, whereas I can ride till close and feel like going another half day.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Do whatever workout you like. I like what I do, and find the results to be worth it. I would never do crossfit more than once a day as i doubt i would like the results.

the proof is in the pudding. If somebody tell you that their workout is the shit and their leg workout is "so killer, brah"....ask them to show you them legs!

Not saying that you want to look like a silverback...but the methods are the same, whether you want to be 170lbs at 6 percent bodyfat or be like me at 285lbs at 6 percent bodyfat.

There is no easy way to this. The hard, heavy shit always gets the best results.

[​IMG]

13. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Tell em your limitations. They'll cater the workouts to you and make sure you're doing them right so you don't jack up other parts as well. They scale everyone at first anyway. Just check your ego at the door. I think that is also a source of some negative reviews. People think that cause they've been doing (enter meathead/extreme training regimen here) they can come in and be a hero and are disappointed when it seems too easy at first cause the instructor scales them back, or they get all butt hurt cause they get corrected on their shit form and can't take it.

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

the negative reviews come from the the high risk of injury that is associated with crossfit. I do crossfit once a week as a different source of cardio (i stay away from the gay ass wods) and I have never been somewhere with that bad a from. I have tried 5 (yes 5) crossfit gyms across the country now...the same shit...bunch of cultish, injury prone behavior.

and I have yet to see a crossfitter actually look like they workout. I only see the women getting results...the guys all look like they are great runners! :D

so if you want to be 160 pounds at 14 percent bodyfat and wear the same jeans as your wives....go crossfit.

15. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

[​IMG]

:D

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

[​IMG]

let me know when you guys actually start looking like men. :D

17. crepitus

crepitus I gots nuthin

Can't argue there. I'd fit in that great runner look category. I just can't back it up with the running. :D

18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Did someone say Crossfit!!!??!!!! o_O

I endorse thing message

I actually lift weights (bodybuilding train) AND do Crossfit.

19. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

What's wrong with Crossfit?

20. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Would you like a phamplet and some Koolaid!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! :D