Casette tapes

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, May 3, 2014.

1. slowzx6

slowzx6 Well-Known Member

Had some nirvana, screeching weasel, g-n-r, suicide machines and a few more until a few years ago.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I've recently remembered how much I love the Screaming Trees, their albums have always been in my iPods and lately the shuffle function is infatuated with them, damn they rock! Vocals are usually a big deal to me, but their ultra refined music, mixed with his raspy voice just does it for me. Let me know if you ever digitize that demo. That would be cool to hear, even coming from a cassette. Them and MudHoney are the only Seattle "grunge" bands that I never saw live back in the day.

3. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

I have Metallica's Ride the Lightning,Garage days Re-Revisited and Steve Vai's Flex-able on cassette.

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

:stupid: I was trying to find a CD that isn't on iTunes so I went in to Best Buy :wow: it seemed like the CD section used to be about a 1/4 acre, now I think the last couple truck stops I've been in have more of a selection. I couldn't even think of another place that sold cd's.

5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

still don't have the heart to toss my old Dokken cassette

6. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

My two vehicle, 98 silverado, has a factory tape and CD player. I've been jammin to a sweet tape collection Alfredo sent me. I'm amazed as how bad the audio quality is on tapes

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My A3 has a cassette deck. :D

8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I remember, as a kid, a neighbor had a 45 record player in his car...A desoto if I remember correctly.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How the hell old are you? Did you have to dodge T-rexes when you walked 15 miles, up hill, both ways to school? :D

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's some Orvis-old shit!

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I just got an old Bimmer with the original Blaupunkt cassette deck and it flats rocks. I dug out the 300+ old mix tapes I saved and I've been cruising into 1990 for the last couple of months.

12. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...you mean Ace of Base...it disturbs me that I know that...

13. Do you sip da lean while you listen to them? LOL

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Whoops yea. That one.

If I dig,I am sure there might be a mc hammer and vanilla ice also.. Dont hate!:D

15. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Have a whole pile of them in the RV. Jammed Soundgarden through the 6 1/2 inch Kracos on the way to miller last weekend.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sweet! I remember seeing a teenager with a 45 RPM changer in his car's glovebox as a kid, probably in 1962 or 63 or so. I can't tell you anything about the car, but I can still remember him opening the glovebox and the changer sliding out on rails. I thought it was the coolest thing.

8-Tracks came along a couple of years later, and killed off the 45's in the cars.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  17. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'm working on getting a 2nd R2R rehabbed, an Otari 5050 2 track play and record and 4 track playback. My 7 1/2 deck is a Akai 230D that's been completely gone through and recapped. It sounds awesome. Looking forward to having the Otari.

The wife is a little alarmed at the size of the growing wall of sound, I think I can slide the dual subs in under the radar but when the Otari is ready I'll have some explaining to do...

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have a Harmon Kardon dual deck I'll sell you cheap. Might have an hour's use on it. :D

19. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

:moon:

If I was going to add a cassette deck, and I don't see it in my future, it would be a Nakamichi, maybe a two speed BIC T4M or a Tascam.

20. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Is the Otari half-track 1/4" and will it do 7.5ips as well? If so, I have some original concert recordings I'd like dubbed from 10" reel to CD.