1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obama Requests $1.1 Billion for (more) Gun Control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by used2Bfast, Apr 15, 2014.

1. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

No, many conservatives think all democrats are liberals.

And where did I say Bush?

2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

If you were accusing McCain of being positive on liking all wars you are just uninformed IMO.

Oh and they are as are some Republicans also 'progressives', like McCain :Pop:

Now sheep they are all known right wing extremists.

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Hmmm, name one half-truth that the NRA has stated.

4. lizard84

Try using your keyboard

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sey wut?

McCain, the campaigner butchering Beach Boys songs to utter "Bomb-Bomb-Bomb Iran"?

That moronic fuck is a hawk's hawk. To dispute that is to be willfully ignorant or woefully naïve.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What is interesting is every result that comes up when you google NRA lies is an article from a far left organization or individual. There is lots of rhetoric but no fact.

8. sheepofblue

Read the entire list
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_John_McCain#Iraq_War

Seems to me sometimes is pro and others not. The only thing I do see is that when he says go he means GO! which is the only way any president should be. Bombing aspirin factories and drawing lines in sand with no follow up endangers everyone. And is especially fatal to those at the highest risk, the military. Having seen Vietnam he understands this in a way that is lost on Obama's Pinko mentors (I said sheep are VERY conservative :D)

9. lizard84

That's so cute! you crack yourself up...:up:

I would love to sit here and have a back & forth, but I have some hippie bands to listen too at the local Tiki hut. You win, well done you...:up:

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

That sounds way more fun than internet arguing.:up:

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm not the one that says that the NRA is lying about anything. You are. Prove it.

12. sheepofblue

Don't forget your safety gear

Attached Files:

13. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I did a ton of research on this topic last year, when MD proved itself to be one of the dumbest states in the US. All day long you can find a mountain of articles and opinions in favor of both sides of the gun control argument, but ultimately a few things will become evident....

#1 - If you want to curb gun violence, institute a curfew amongst metropolitan areas.

#2 - Violent crime in the USA doubled in every category between 1968 and 1974; you older guys could probably guess why a little more accurately than I can! We are now finally back down to pre-1968 levels of violent crime. Why a sudden push to ratchet up gun controls?

#3 - The only statistic that really means anything in the gun control argument is "defensive gun uses." The LOWEST estimation, a study done by gun control fanboys at Duke University, places the number of defensive gun uses at 150,000 per year. 12,000 people die from being shot. 150,000 > 12,000; 138,000 greater.

#4 - Even so-called gun control experts can't prove the value of gun control. Take the Brady Campaign for example; the safest state in the country so far as gun crime is concerned (New Hampshire I think, it's been a while!) also received an "F" on the Brady Campaign "report card." Collectively, the 10 most violent states had a better report card than the 10 safest states. The Brady Campaign also conveniently omits DC from its report card findings. DC is by far the most violent state in the nation, yet would score a "B" if using the same criteria as the other states.

I collected and submitted more than 30,000 pages of written testimony opposing SB281 last year, see pic below. More than 4,000 people showed up to testify in front of the senate, and a bunch more to testify in front of the house of delegates. None of it mattered. Brian Frosh admitted on the senate floor that there is no gun show loophole in MD, and then 3 hours later was on the radio exclaiming that "we have to close the gun show loophole!" Jaime Raskin played chess on his computer while experts were testifying. An amendment to have minimum sentencing standards for people who commit gun crimes was passed an then un-passed an hour later when the governor threw a fit because it would negatively impact his approval rating among his voting base. It was all pathetic, and most of the elected officials that I spoke with hadn't even read the text of the bill... AFTER they had voted on it in committee!

[​IMG]

14. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Yeah, after that bill passed our Sunday rides to the bay seemed to come to a grinding halt. Once we cross the PA/MD line most of us would become felons ;)

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member