1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lunchtime Riding Tips: Putnam Park

Discussion in 'General' started by CarrMoto, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was tempted to go for the april fools joke but raise money to buy the track and relocate pit lane towards T1 to open more runoff in T10 and we're good. I was concerned about it when we last ran there and as bikes have gotten faster and tires better since then I'm even more concerned whenever I think of the possibility of running there again. Other than that I always thought it was a great track, definitely a challenge to get it right.

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I could be wrong, but I thought they moved the wall back slightly and put something against the wall recently. It was an issue.

Otherwise, let's raise money for some air fence.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, air fence would be a necessity at a minimum. Cool if it got moved back. The original "fix" was essentially something I drew on a scrap of paper after Eric got killed. It was absolutely better than the original design but still not great.

4. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Believe just last year a fellow rider went over the fence at T10, had haybails for protection so I think the bike hit those, just remember hearing he went airborn over the fence.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

After watching that I think I need to turn in my race license. Amazing and depressing at the same time. My lord I Am SLOW!

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Damn! If you'd told me that was being played back at 1.5x speed I'd believe you. :wow:

7. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Seeing it in person was awesome. Chimichanga's podium speech was even better :rock:

8. Bunke10

Bunke10 Well-Known Member

1:15 on the starting lap :eek: :bow:

9. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

:up:

10. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

To be more depressed, the 125 lap record is 1:13.0 Some little guy named Jason something or other. When I asked him about it he said it was only a "B" kit RS

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Look through the Team Chicago youtube vids. There's a better one of some kids names Ben and Jason going at it through T9..

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

who got a 10 bike holeshot like a baus? :up:

13. CarrMoto

CarrMoto Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as it is lunchtime, then why not?

Tip#2: Putnam Turn 9.
    Trailbraking into T9 while you are still in a wheelie from T8 is ineffective and crash damage will vary.

Is this some ploy to lower the price of admission into club1199??

14. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

"Two a day Grey" was the term I coined that day.

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I remember him. I think it was Jason Peters. He did good on the 125, seems like he kinda dissappeared once he tried the 600's. Not sure, it has been a while..

16. shakenbake

shakenbake Looking for my Burrow Owl

Yeah, I'm fairly familiar with Putnam. I was kinda joking with someone :D

17. shakenbake

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Isn't there new management there?
    They did build some garages.

19. shakenbake

I'm going for Concierge level in Club1199 :D

20. inpayne

inpayne Well-Known Member

Putnam moved the final turn back pretty far last time I was there.