Bridgestone R10 Vs. Bt-003

Discussion in 'General' started by dylanes21, Mar 25, 2014.

1. dylanes21

dylanes21 Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone has noticed a big difference between the R10 and the BT003? Running a 600.

Thanks
    Erick

2. Do they still make the 003 Racing tires? I thought the R10's replaced them?

I raced on the 002's, 003's and R10's. IMO the R10's have a good bit more drive grip.

3. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

R10's are definitely a step up, though last I saw there were bargains to be had on 003's. Both are fine for novices, and both will show their shortcomings at expert pace.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

003 is great on smaller displacement bikes....250-500cc maybe an sv650 but as mentioned it depends on your pace. The R10 is a great tire.

5. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Anyone know if any changes have been made for the 2014 R10 fronts?

Wasn't too thrilled with the sidewall flex on the fronts, prefer something stiffer.

I know there's some new B-stone slicks coming this Summer, typical tire improvements.

6. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

Ive run both the R10s and 003's. In my use on a yamaha R6 in expert I found that the 003's lasted longer but offered less edge grip then the R10s. That being said the 003 are still a great tire especially for the price. If budget is a big concern run the 003's. If not then go with the R10s.

7. Whoop

Whoop Whoopies Race School

Have you tried running the Type 3 over the Type 4? Type 3 medium has a stiffer carcass.

8. bacolmm

bacolmm Well-Known Member

Where are you still able to purchase BT003's?

9. I wasn't either. And I know of some people who ran as much as 37psi in the front to try to get some stability out of it.

10. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Ran BT003's for the last two years and as my first experience on anything other than street tires I was very impressed. I ran the hard front and med rear one weekend mixed with damp/drying conditions and never slipped or feel like I pushed them. I would like to try the R10's once more feedback is avail.

11. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

The R10's are a big step up from the 003's. Last year they added the Type 4 front, and updated the 180's to the evo's. I have a lot of people winning races for me on these. Gio spent a lot of time up front of expert races with them.

I've heard of a lot of problems coming from other regions and people having less success. These people all seem to have been given some different air pressure suggestions than what we have working down here.

They don't make the 003 race tires any more. There are 003 trackday tires out there. Be careful when buying some. The trackday tires say racing/street on them.

Let me know if I can help out anyone.

12. Those 003R/S tires are great for street riding and even a relatively decent track day pace. I wouldn't hesitate to coach on them.

13. stickboy274

Yup. And they live well under those conditions. I like them a lot, but I've seen people trying to sell them as the race tire before.

14. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

I was getting them for Joe at Turn One in the midwest.

What PSI were you running in the R10's? We played around with a lot of different pressures trying to get the rear to hookup more.

15. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Those first R10s taught me how to save front-end slides. :eek:

16. stickboy274

34f/32r hot off the warmers. The front drops to 33 and the rear comes up a little. They can go as high as 36/36 and still work.

If you run the front down in pressure then that will happen. Somebody out there was telling people to run around 30 front. It just doesn't work.