1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RRR selfish observations

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

As you all know it's all about my observations at the track, so here they are!

Best race crew ever! I am getting comfortable with my WERA officials family. You are in good hands folks! And Emily is literally the glue that does it all and holds us together. Don't underestimate what this lady does for us all keeping us on the track. Love you girl!

FAMOUS PEOPLE! got to meet Aaron Yates. Really nice guy, and to tell you about his character, he was there supporting his son instead of going to Daytona.
    Vic Fasola was in the house. Tall as ever, the white haired guru!
    Ev and Sean were in the house! I got a good hug from the boss, and yes, I dig it when Sean is there.
    KD was working grids with me - what a pleasure! He's a pro!!! Reggie was juggling the bike and the job expertly. Always there for us!
    AMAZING! the chopper pilot that life flighted me from Rd Atl was in the house. I shook his hand and let him know his crew saved my life. He was glad to meet me as those guys seldom get to see a victim after the ride.
    We had a great Joe Pomeroy shirt signing! Couldn't ever quite get the photo organized: too many racers running in too many different directions.
    Got to be myself by being a First Sergeant when a dude refused to get off the wall before a start. Problem is, I'm not in the Army now, and you folks are paying customers. So after a night of reflection (?) I found the guy, shook his hand, gave him a pat on the back, and asked: "we OK?" All was good! He was very friendly and him and I are on the same team! I'm actually growing up!:D
    Had another killer Mexican dinner thanks to Peter and Edna Hupperich. Killer food and margaritas from heaven!!! Thanks my friends!

Lotsa support for my return to the track, although many said they'll kill me if I get hurt again. No worries, my sweet wifey will prolly kill me first.

Great racing! I went back to T4,5,6 to watch the LWT SV boys duke it out. Great stuff fellas! And the open national dudes! You guys got some big ones. What a show!

And any of you foos at Daytona instead of RRR, you missed the good stuff!

See you all down the road. Come say hi, and just like Mongo, I'm nicer in person!:beer:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The chopper pilot was there? Holy shit - I totally missed that! Very cool.

On the guy you were worried about - for future reference you can give them a little more time to make sure their rider is in the right spot then move em out. Was good to see you guys talk after the start so I stayed out of it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also while I'm at it, it was damned good to see you too. Thanks for doing a great job this weekend.

4. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Never too old or smart to learn how to handle things differently. It's a great paddock from racers to family to staff. The best!

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Rolled into post race tech after the wet LWT-SS and saw Vic and Sean standing there, first thing I thought was "oh no, not this sh*t again". Just knew there was a teardown waiting on me. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. 418

418 Expert #59

I got more laps in Sunday morning practice session with WERA than I did all weekend with CCS last weekend. 'Nuff said.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Yep we had only a handful of crashes and no ambulance rides! What was the CCS tally, 56 crashes, a ton of red flags? Not so smooth sailing at registration?

I can say WERA rocks, and I have now seen it from both sides. I tell you what, I took it all for granted when I was a racer, but go race with another org and you gain a lot of respect for our org.
    And you say, what do I know of other orgs? Been with many of them and sometimes the stupid defies logic. As an example:

I am an AHRMA member and I really enjoy the vintage festival. BUT, and this started last year: on Sat and Sun for the roadraces, there is NO PRACTICE! None, period. Safety my ass; accommodation for older racers trying to get up to speed? I spose it will take a rider getting killed to fix it. Geez....

AHRMA doesn't have an official forum. Wonder why???

All I'm saying is, we are in the right place.

9. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Did you guys meet the new RRR track manager? Very helpful and hospitable.

10. Great time, the new track management is on it from my seat. I was expecting a sneer from a grovely voiced, chain smoking Vegas veteran gate entry type when we rolled in. Didn't happen, just nice people who seemed excited to see us. Kudos to the WERA crew, its nice when they stop by to say hello. The F3 race move to the ninth race kinda bummed us as the rain started right at second call but it happens. We had no rain tires mounted and ready so opted to forfeit the race. That`s racing. Hope the red flag between race eight and nine didn't mean an injury to who ever you are.

See you at NOLA

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Wish I could have gone Morris but I'm battling a few issues right now. I plan to be at Road Atlanta since that is close to home.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I had a good time. i was kind of disappointed by the turn out. It wasn't horrible but the Roebling National usually pulls in a lot of racers..

13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

^ enter more races.. ? And did you skip practice or something ? we had 2 sessions on Sat morning, and we did lose 1 on Sunday due to Saturday's racing running late pushing ASRA qualifying to Sun morning. Most skipped the Sunday morning practice, cause, well, it was cold as FUCK ! lol! So that was a bit of a bummer.

ccs had 800+ entries i think the prior weekend. Couple of expert grids were 2 wave (as in all experts, 2 waves). That's a lot of riders. More riders, there is a reasonable possibility of more crashes. And THAT is the RIDERS fault, how can you place blame of crashes with ccs OR wera ? I do agree registration was a clusterF. I have no idea why it's that way at this event each year but it is.. i hope they sort that out soon.

new track mgmt seems pretty cool. I never heard OR saw them. Kind of the way you would expect it! the other "Nazi's" were on you if you farted too loud. But let's not ruin a good thing. If we get stupid on pit bikes, i bet we loose the privilege to ride em there.

to the OP. I have read some stories on your past riding, great to read you are back out there and havin fun !

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  14. 418

418 Expert #59

Greg I was standing in registration on Saturday morning. Then had to go through the tech gestapo. It was about 10:30 by then.

I've done CCS before, never seen the registration deal be that bad. Ridiculous.

15. v42168

v42168 Well-Known Member

I am an AHRMA member and I really enjoy the vintage festival. BUT, and this started last year: on Sat and Sun for the roadraces, there is NO PRACTICE! None, period. Safety my ass; accommodation for older racers trying to get up to speed? I spose it will take a rider getting killed to fix it. Geez..

Only during the Barber weekend and you're required to do a thursday or friday practice. All other rounds have Sat. and Sun. practice. Lets keep it real.

16. K Kling

K Kling Well-Known Member

CCS could streamline the registration process for sure, but the turnout was HUGE. It takes time to get all those people through registration. Add in the fact that it was a lot of people's first race of the year, so they were getting their license and AMA card, and it is somewhat understandable that the lines took a while.

On the plus side, the weather was great, the grids were full, and the competition was stacked.

17. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Keep it real? You mean only having practice a day or 2 before is cool? And you're a racer?
    The Thursday and Friday practice is about MONEY. Plain and simple. SO WHY DOES EVERY OTHER ORG,and ALL PROFESSIONAL ORGS have practice the day of? I guess you and the AHRMA folk that made this rule are better than Rossi cause he needs practice the day of....
    Practice??? You must be related to Allen Iverson.

Missed you Joe. Hope to see you at Atlanta. If I can help make it possible let me know.

And not harping on CCS. A lot of good folks there. But I don't care if there are 8,000 racers - 56 crashes is too damn much. Don't think I'd want to be part of that skill set. Glad you that made it and had a good time.

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Same here. I decided not to ride Saturday since I missed practice.

19. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Morris-

Do you ever learn? Bashing other racers, bashing other race orgs, especially when you don't seem to have a clear idea about what is going on, is NOT cool. Were you actually AT the Vintage Festival? Were you actually AT the CCS race? Just like when you started bashing another racers riding when you had never even been on the track with him, you are now throwing stones at people and things you have no business throwing them at. I get it, you love WERA. I love WERA too. (I'm currently racing my 19th consecutive season with WERA) I've also raced with CCS. I've also raced with AHRMA. ALL THREE orgs have things that they do that are great. ALL THREE orgs have things they do that could use some improvement. If you don't like something one of them does, don't race with them. It's pretty simple.
    Trash talking competitors only makes you look like a fool. The fact that you are a representative of WERA only makes it worse. You started out making a nice post about a great weekend....what happened???

20. drybreak

drybreak Fuelish Boy

What he said. I've never met you, Moe, but that hasn't stopped you from giving me backhanded insults on here before, from opinions formed while in a wera official capacity at that.

I have to agree with RZRacer: You might want to keep your opinions in check, especially while being a wera official. Your bias for your friends and employers stinks to high heaven -- in my opinion in a non-wera official capacity.