777 Missing

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Mar 8, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The plane wasn't hijacked on Lost, though. :)

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks for the insight.

3. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

The first plane broke apart, but the 2nd one, sorta was hijacked and landed on the island. All the people on it that were not part of the island disappeared, so for all I know, one plane landed safely and the other in an alternate universe was hijacked. The 2nd plane is what I was referencing. :)

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

there was a plane that was hijacked on lost?

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Second landing on the island. When they returned on purpose.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

damn you are really trying to get me to go back and watch again aren't you?

i hate you. :D

7. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Show me a remote 5000' runway in that region that could support a 500klb aircraft, then show me a hijacker crew that could actually put the plane down on it.

8. 675AV8R

And I see it was already covered. Well done.

9. 675AV8R

10. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Not saying it's plausible at all, but looking at the map, I wonder if they had enough fuel to make it to Somalia. If they made it to Africa, there is no telling what happened.

11. scottnovick

scottnovick Member

12. Chip

Chip Registered

Yep...

That's where I would look. Repaint it, install new transponder so that it squawks as some other commercial aircraft, fill it up with gas and explosives, and then you have an extremely accurate cruise missile with a super long range that can fly anywhere in the world and sound no alarms until it hits something.

Sketchy...

13. 675AV8R

It most likely would have been detected by the Indians as it crossed the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and then when it passed south of Sri Lanka.

14. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I'd hold out for the Death Star. Much easier to highjack, operate, and conceal than a 777.

15. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

How far out from land does the radar coverage extend and is it possible for a plane that large to fly under it?

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There is one is Spain. I saw it on Top Gear. It was supposed to be in a population center, but the population couldn't afford the houses and condos that were built.

Agreed that landing somewhere really isn't a possibility of any significance.

17. 675AV8R

I can't find the fuel flow charts at the moment to show it, but fuel burn for turbines that size is comically astronomical down low. A typical air search radar has a range of several hundred miles.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

While we are going for wild theories, there are airstrips in North Korea big enough to handle the plane and a guy running the country unstable enough to try to pull something like this off just so he could prove he did it.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

20. 675AV8R

:crackup: Might want to look at a map and see just how many heavily defended coastlines they would have to fly along and somehow remain undetected to get there.