1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the writing on the wall for the E class?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Feb 11, 2014.

1. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

OK, it looks like all the players will have 300s soon. Of course the Kawi is now a 300, the Honda CBR is set to bump up to a 300, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the new Triumph single break in as a 300 even though it is being reported to be a 250.
    My guess is maybe a season after this and then the bump it up to 300s, if not sooner. Only problem is for all of us with 250s. But this is no different than when a manufacturer raises the bar with newer, faster models.
    What say you oh wise WERA forum?

2. 418

418 Expert #59

I think Mongo said he was gonna keep the 250 class regardless.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bumping the displacement limit will require everyone involved to buy a new bike, that might not be the wisest course of action in a class filled primarily with cheap bastids trying to race on the cheap. Carnac predicts you would have a class with three people. (I have no plans to buy a 300, if I buy another bike it will either be a true V5 bike or something to replace the SV).

Want to race a 300? D-SS is available with no waiting.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

If the manufacturers are pushing the model and the contingency is there.. Go for it.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Non issue until the bikes hit the showrooms. The Honda is the only confirmed new 300, and it will be just as outgunned as the CBR250 vs. Ninja 250.

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I bought a new gen this summer and have yet to ride it much less race it. I really hope ESS isn't going anywhere because at this point I'm not even sure I'll get to race it this year.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Again - the E class will stay 250 until such point as enough of the 250 guys upgrade to 300's. Then it'll go to 300 and most likely allow the 250's with more modifications than allowed now. Probably won't keep them truly competitive but it'll be something.

However, for now, 300's are D class bikes.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I know you are right for now. Believe me, none of us with 250s wanna see what I sorta predicted anytime too soon. Kesler can't fit any more bikes in his garage!
    And the Triumph is a 250 plus I would have no problem letting the CBR300 in with the 250s.
    It's cold, raining, icing and I'm bored trying to stir up some invigorated conversation. Having fun is worth getting torched: my forum motto!

And you guys should see the shit I am stirring up at the unofficial AHRMA site asking for a 250 twin class! Fun, fun, fun!

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You E superstock guys cry, bitch, piss,and moan more than SV riders...

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Which explains why Kawasaki immediately went to 300cc when Honda brought the 250.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I get you're a Honda fanboi but Kawasaki has nothing to worry about from the Honda 250.

Why no comments on Honda copying Kawi with their 250 in the first place?

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That might because a bunch of us are/have been SV riders. Morris has a SV in the garage, I have a SV, Laffoon has a SV, Parrish has a SV, Randy W has a SV, etc. etc..

It might also be because chuckleheads (yeah, including you, Morris) keep trolling about the 300cc bikes. I imagine the 7 remaining LWT racers would raise hell if a few people kept asking for 750cc wc twins to be legal in LWT-SS.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  13. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

I was going to wait until mid season to throw this out to the E class but, 2015 we have to upgrade to the CBR300 if we wish to continue chasing Honda money. The plan right now is to keep both our 250 motors and race them in the 300 chassis if you guys don't have a problem with that? Let the comments begin......

14. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I think I have to be a Honda fanboy, Mongo. Not much choice. :D

I've argued with my Honda reps for years about the need for a 250cc sportbike, as well as bringing back a modern 650 Hawk twin.

I just find it funny how Kawasaki keeps bumping motor size (1200cc Ninja, 650cc sportbike, now the 300cc).

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Oh Brother...they did it to try and retain sales dominance in a class that they have OWNED for many years, not because the Hondas were close performance-wise (least of all on a track). In case you didn't know- I own a 2012 CBR250...it's a fine streetbike, but Ninja 250 riders simply walk away on the straightaways. Even clapped out ones with heavier riders. Well prepped ones with kids on them RUN away.

16. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Yo, Kesler!

What are you using for a pit bike now? ;)

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

relax Francis..:Poke:

I'm too fat to ride a E bike. I'm waiting for Yamaha to bring the FZ07 to the US for LWTSS

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll tell you now that I won't allow it.

19. GoldStarRon

GoldStarRon Well-Known Member

It's all part of the game... now some of the 250 guys may have to put in a SMALLER piston... :)

Ron - 7 months until the next Manx Grand Prix

20. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Well, thanks for thinking about it. I guess the CBR600 is next, thanks for making the decision easy.