1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP...Philip Seymour Hoffman

Discussion in 'General' started by Shenanigans, Feb 2, 2014.

1. wayne13

wayne13 Active Member

Really like him in Pirate Radio, great soundtrack to that movie also.

RIP.

Heroin is making a come back around Atlanta also. Seen several OD's lately. Always amazing to watch someone come back to life with a little bit of Narcan on board.

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Ever since the war in Afghanistan started there was a huge influx of good cheap heroin in the US. It's cheaper than beer in big cities. The usual cut percentage is 94-98% but some dealers give hot doses of 5-10% purity. That's how my best friend died. Left on the gutter outside of a hospital. Shits redicoulous. Heroin addiction starts as a choice. But anyone who's had experience with is first or second hand can confess to the fact that once you take that step over the edge, it's got you. in spite of almost certain death. It's a tragedy is what it is.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I don't feel sorry for any degenerate junkie, but he was talented. I saw the Tommy Aquino thread title, I thought it was just talking about his 2014 chances or some such. I was stunned to read your post. RIP, Tommy!!! :(

4. Fire929

Fire929 Well-Known Member

Then have them get pissed off at you for messing up their high. :p

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:stupid:

6. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Daggonit people, it's not like he killed people's children. Dude had a problem and unfortunately it came around and bit him. RIP to a talented actor.

7. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

This... the purity where I am is ridiculous. It is getting out of hand. A guy who has a $50-$75 bag habit gets this stuff and dies on that amount real quick.

Sad really. I hate seeing the families this stuff destroys.

Rest in Peace man.

8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

As an odd coincidence I was searching for an old movie on IMDB yesterday only to find out it was River Pheonix's last full movie. That was 20 years ago.

9. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

It's laced with synthetic Fentanyl... more difficult to get a response from Narcan. We've also had quite a few OD's here lately including a death... 2nd time we're seeing this type of concoction.

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Not harsh. Just classless.

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Ok, I am confused. The purer it is, the more deadly it is?

Serious question

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yes
    . Also iv heard people that relapse are more likely to od because they go right back to the dose they use to use and they od because thy don't have a tolerance built up any more. I'm not sure if that's true or not though..

13. madkaw

madkaw Meh...

He doesn't strike me as the heroin addict type...Heavy drinker maybe.

Rest In Peace Mr. Hoffman

14. Unfortunately it is true. One of the reasons people like shooting pills is that you know what you are getting, people often turn to heroin when there are no pills around. Sad, very sad.

15. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Damn....I liked the guy. RIP

16. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

the whole thing about it that i still don't wrap my head around really, is this...

i've been a nightlife street urchin since before i can remember. i've been thru it all and done it all, associated with degenerates and low-lifes and club ballers, the underground music scene, drug users and experimenters (even though i don't partake)... and i've been offered a LOT of shit in my life, or seen a lot of friends do a LOT of different shit. i can honestly say though... of all those hundreds of people and the seedy things they do, i've never once in my life been offered heroin, or seen somebody do heroin, or to my knowledge at least, even known somebody. correction, ONE of my brother's friends was addicted to heroin for a while, but i didn't know until years later when my brother was telling me how he was doing in a convo blah blah blah.

i just don't really get how you get into it is all. weed, shrooms, X, acid, cocaine... sure, i get it. it gets passed around pretty freely. i was even offered crystal meth at a rave when i was 15 once. but i feel like its a pretty well known fact that heroin is a life ruiner. its not just recreational. it literally ruins everything it touches. you'd think with that being common knowledge, nobody would actively seek it out to try it. but that's what i mean, i feel like i'd have to actively try and go find heroin somewhere. its not just "around". so in that way i dont really understand how a dude like this even gets down that path in life. especially somebody who's well off and affluent. experimentation and curiosity gone wrong? he was a dirty bum hobo with mad demons before he ever got rich and famous? it just seems like such a down and out, degenerate, homeless, suicidal depression, type thing to do. something about it all just doesn't sit right.

17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

One less junky. My wife told me that his kids were waiting to be picked up by him. Don't know if it's true or not but just the fact that he chose drugs over his kids tells me everything I need to know about him. The only reason people are even talking about him is because he was a celebrity. Really wish our men and women in military who die got the same level of recognition.

Rant off

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sweaty, you've been around junk even if you don't know you have. Common as all fack and easier to get than coke if you run in the drug world.

I've known a highly functioning junkie or two in my life. You'd never know until the junk starts to rule their lives and the spiral starts and it always does.

19. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I think the fact that he was 46 and looked closer to 60 should have been a tipoff, but hindsight is 20/20

Someone posted this news on facebook with the caption "Drugs are bad." Because I'm a dick, my comment was, "or one could argue they're worth dying for. PSH seemed to think so anyway."