1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tactical Fast Draw

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 21, 2014.

1. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

[​IMG]

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He's talking about the bar games not real training.

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Bowl of chili with a side of beans?

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If you get the chance, take in a Horseback Shooting competition.

[​IMG]

5. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

During training spin up while being mobilized our Convoy Security Teams/Tactical Movement Teams did simunition training at Camp Shelby and Woolmarket. We were in full gear (Kevlar, interceptor vests, etc.). We used our issued 16's with the uppers replaced to accept the blue tipped simunition rounds. During the first exercise I caught a stray round to the loose edge of my trousers, luckily I didn't take a direct hit. At the end of the day our last exercise was an extraction. I spotted our adversary (Marine Gunny) setting us up for an ambush. Sent my team in from two frontal directions as I crept through the tall grass for a flanking maneuver. Soon as the gunny started to make his move I popped up and hauled ass towards him (towards his left side) and ripped off as my rounds as I could. He tried to return fire while he was running. It was the end of the day, I had plenty of rounds and the cocky gunny acted as if no one would be able to get the drop on him. I landed 5 hits, one of which didn't burst on impact and lodged in between his finger and the fingerless glove he was wearing. It was awesome! He went from not taking any hits from any of our teams to 5 at the end of the training exercise. During debriefing he pulled the one from his glove and finger and said it was undoubtedly the most painful one he had been hit with.

Probably all luck shots... I was running with my eyes closed.
    [​IMG]

6. rwood64083

Always wanted to try that. Before I started globe-trotting with the military I bought a .45 LC revolver and rifle set. Think they've each been fired once.

7. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Great concept, booze and guns. What could go wrong?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Because there are never any weapons in a bar. :p

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Yup - read too quick again and missed his point. My dumbs.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You've never met the bar staff. :D

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

[​IMG]

13. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

No need to tilt your head if you've got Homeboy Nyte Sytes fromBirdman Weapons Systems!

14. rwood64083

Speaking of simunitions...

This isn't me in the photo that got shot in the face but that is my HMMWV that got hammered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]