Google Chrome question: where did my sh!t go?

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 20, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? You couldn't finish the first post? :Poke:
    That's what I have been using. I hate it.

2. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

:beer:

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You won't find me refuting this.

(Posted from Chrome...and I didn't even notice the scroll bar buttons changing as I never use those)

4. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Just admit it: You broke google Chrome.

5. Chrome automatically updates. It removed the arrows when it updated.

6. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

You guys still click on the up and down scroll bar buttons?

2014 is still fresh new year, make a resolution and get a wheel mouse. Or if you have a laptop, use the scrolling region on your track pad. Or heck, use the arrows or page up/down keys on your keyboard.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

naw. I use the two finger gesture on my macbook pro to scroll. except when chrome breaks and stops responding...then I have to restart chrome.

8. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Their update hung up on the wifes notebook rendering it (the browser) useless. Didn't realize that was going on until I tried to uninstall and do a fresh install and it kept telling me an update was in progress. Didn't even show up in the task manager. So I killed it. All of it. Then did a reinstall and all is well.

9. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Chrome disappointed me enough a few months ago to nuke it. It was crashing my Win 7 laptop nearly once a day. Went back to Firefox and no problems since.

Google does SUCK.

10. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

go to your mouse settings and click the box for "scroll in active windows only" under buttons tab. worked for me on windows xp.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I started using Chrome when I got the Chromecast dongle to watch MotoGP.com. No issues since.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ever think the issue might not have been with Chrome? :D

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I went to Firefox from IE 7 (might be 8) when they kept forcing the update to worthless 11. Can't believe I didn't just jump into FF years ago.

Too lazy to try Chrome.

14. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Chrome is easy to load and is a pretty fast browser. Problem is its 32-bit so sometimes there's Java issues. It's my preferred browser currently

15. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

How are you casting MotoGP.com, via the BETA tab method? If so, isn't the video feed slow and choppy?

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Using Chrome as my browser on the lap top. Plug the Chromecast dongle ($35) into HDMI and USB ports on the TV. Run the Chromecast software (dl for free), tell it to cast the tab that I've got MotoGP.com open in. Go get another beer and some popcorn. Done!

Edit: Cast is smooth as silk. I imagine it has a lot to do with your interwebs connection.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Beta stuff I think is only for mirroring, the normal cast works great for everything I've tried.

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Somewhat related :
    Staring last week sometime, I now have words underlined.
    Scroll over them, and see a link.
    I'm also getting pop up videos. Check my setting, pop ups are supposed to be blocked.

19. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well I isolated it down to Chrome as I used Firefox and IE with no problems. I even nuked Chrome and did a fresh install it was fine for a day or two and then started the problem again, so at least in my laptop I am pretty certain it was the problem. :up:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I'm sure Chrome was having issues with Win 7, just not sure I'd blame it on Chrome :D