1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Full-Time Road Racing Gig... TOBC Racing Services

Discussion in 'General' started by couch, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up:

2. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I can vouch for this. We pitted in the garage next to you last year at Miller, and the food was awesome! Thanks for sharing! :up:

OK, maybe sending a 12-year-old out to sneak into your garage and steal all the food he could carry doesn't count as sharing, but we were really, really hungry and it all smelled so delicious... :eek:

3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

I had my resume 1/2 done when I remembered you were the manager...I think I will stay home and drink red beer. :p

Just messin wit ya :D

4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Definitely. Got to enjoy the TOBC deliciousness a couple years ago at the GNF. Headed over there with the Team Kinetic boys and chowed. Hey, the least the guy could do was gimme a meal after whippin my ass so many times when we were novices. :D

5. I'm tempted too. Is there a limit on how many scoops of taters you can eat?

6. couch

couch Well-Known Member

Thanks to all that responded to this thread... we had a ton of qualified folks and are fortunate to be part of such a talented family of racers. Robin Hawley and Rick Matheny have joined us for 2014... we couldn't be more excited about partnering with them both... "posted experience" below.

Robin Hawley
    Robin became a dealership mechanic in 1973, got into amateur motocross and flat track racing, then started road racing in the early 1980’s with WERA. In 1990, he became an engine builder/tuner for an Endurance Team and in the years since he has tuned everything from front-running 250cc Grand Prix machines to four-stroke endurance bikes and everything in between.

In 2007 Robin became Michael Barnes' Supersport Crew Chief and, shortly thereafter, he teamed up with Martin Cardenas with spectacular results….with the two delivering winning results through 2011.

Robin continued his work with Team Hammer through the 2013 Season. TOBC Racing owes much to the generosity of John Ulrich and Team Hammer. Their mentorship and guidance has provided both expertise and winning equipment directly influencing TOBC Racing’s success and ability to support younger riders. In 2014, Robin Hawley will join TOBC full-time and raise our bar, again.

Rick Matheny
    Rick has been involved with Motorcycle Roadracing for over 30 years. Rick has raced both asphalt and dirt, run his own club racing team, worked for AMA Pro Racing, and has been a professional crew chief for many years.

Rick has worked with riders Mike Smith, Matt Lynn, Joshua Day, Santiago Villa, Taylor Knapp, Jake Zemke, Bobby Fong, and brothers Frankie Lee and Hayden Gillim, among others. His expertise has supported racing programs including KWS /Millenium, Roadracing World, M4, Roadrace Factory and Triple Crown. Rick has made a lasting mark on the sport.

Rick is also the Owner of the performance race shop, RM Racing. In that capacity, he has been building race bikes for competitors in professional and club racing for many years and will now join forces with TOBC Racing working as our Engine Builder and Mechanic for the 2014 Season. We’re proud to partner with Rick and look forward a winning season!

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Should make for one hell of a Team!!!

8. Shenanigans

:stupid: Congrats to Robin, Rick and TOBC!! :beer:

9. Shenanigans

Scott, Any new riders for 2014?

10. couch

couch Well-Known Member

We're waiting on schedules... not sure what the full AMA Series looks like or what WERA or CCS intend to do with Endurance... but we're talking about our options and our racers.

I suspect the schedules will continue to evolve in to the new year... which makes it hard on planning and sponsors.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Rick is good peoples.

12. Shenanigans

Cool. Look foward to seeing y'all next season. Best of luck

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

healthiest post I have seen on here for a long time, golden opportunity for some one

14. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

+ 1

15. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I am so pleased to get to work side by side with Robin and Scott - two guys who I totally respect in the racing paddock for being absolutely honest, and more important, fun to work with, including a sense of humor and a sense of the big picture - we are lucky to have sorted out a way to make a living in the racing world. I don't know where the team needs to improve yet, but Robin and I have proven that we always figure out a way in every situation, every time, and Scott has too. This is going to be fun.

16. caferace

caferace No.

:up:

-jim

17. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

:up::up::up::up:

18. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Rick will do what Rick does. And it will be good.

Have fun, buddy.

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Good luck! Give em hell!

20. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Go TOBC! Can't wait to watch next year.