1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lots of rule changes for AMA in 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

his mind would be blown if the bike went in reverse when the throttle is twisted. :D

2. No. And don't ruin it for me because right now it looks kinda cool. :D

3. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

except for guys like me John! We still are getting new bike to build, race are rear but TRACK DAYS! Also best thing about not selling a lot of new bikes?? people are keeping them LONGER so they need more service work, plus wanna just put a few things on updating their "old" bikes since cheaper than buying new.. so my shop has had a record year and still have 6 weeks to go!! I have in past cut my guys to 4 day weeks Nov-Dec to help offset winter (they like that as we work OT basically Jan-Sept) but this year all 5 my guys working full time and i had to re-hire a long time employee for saturdays (he works m-f for gov), we have over 65 bikes in my shop, i never thought 12,000ft would feel small... i am not bragging (thou haters will twist) i am VERY BLESSED

I am tyring to say the "manf not selling as many bikes" is NOT all negative for some of us! Its a blessing, i am building more engines as well due to this.. guys trying to get 3, 4 seasons out of a bike instead of new bikes every year.

Sometimes ya gotta look at the glass as half full :beer:

4. caferace

caferace No.

I'm going to say this one time, and one time only. I think. :D

People that are in roadracing that get their panties in a bunch over a bikes aesthetics are on crack. Roadracing motorcycles serve two fucking functions. Go fast, and show off who helps you go fast.

If the fashion is lucky enough to tag along with the form, good for you. That means you're near the front and kissing astonishgly tall European women on the podium.

-jim

5. ed who?

how about my new kid with PURPLE BIKES!! ohhh god..the Green is gonna make even my 3 1/2 year old go "daddy that is yucky" :down:

SBK: BLK plates w/white numbers
    DSB: RED plates w/black numbers
    SS: WHT plates w/black numbers

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Disagree. You are trying to appeal to more than just the hard core fan so you need the bikes to look good. Whatever good is to the ones who pay to put their butts in the seats.

7. Jim, to be honest, I agree with that to some extent. Going fast is priority one, always. But why not have a bike that looks good?

I mean, if you have a bike sitting there, primered up and ready to be prepped/painted/stickered/etc. Why not make it look good? I have finished weekends with duct tape and zip-ties, sometimes you have to do what you have to do (but I keep several different colors of duct tape so it matches the paint :D).

In other words, why purposely make a bike ugly? If you are building a bike and have to do the work, it is just as easy to make it look good as it is to make it ugly. Personally, I like for my shit to look professional, to be neat, organized, matching, etc. It makes me feel better and not stressed out. And for some reason, I feel more confident when everything is in order and looks good.

8. ed who?

+1 chris! I LIKE and take pride in fact most bikes my shop builds/sponsors look great. its a reflection on your pride in work and also advertising which is what most of us sponsors want back..

9. :beer:

10. caferace

caferace No.

Never said they couldn't be perfectly kitted out. Form is partially defined by function. But if an asymmetrical bike is faster than a symmetrical one, or one with goofy paint? I'll take the weirdo ride. I can't tell the difference when I'm racing.

-jim

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

How much to run Daytona?

12. True.

But when the weekend is over, something would have to be done about the goofy paint. :D

13. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

sounds like the "but my helmet has to match my bike syndrome"

the plates will look fine, everyone will have. them yellow didnt match this bike so much either

[​IMG]

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Hey. I'm happy for you AND your famous dog! But you doing well isn't gonna make up for 4 or 5 OEMs fielding or supporting multiple race teams, buying TV ads, sponsoring race events, posting a lot of contingency, and generally spending money in racing! And if their sales are down 60% and they're laying off more than half their workforce in the U.S., they aren't gonna be spending as much money in racing!

Oh, and good job with Tucker Lancaster. That kid hauls ass AND puts out some great videos (I admit I don't know for sure if he edits and produces the videos himself, but they're great!)

15. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

16. Mblashfield

17. Mblashfield

18. Mblashfield

19. Mblashfield

20. Mblashfield