1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spyder Leatherworks Out of Business

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

This makes me sad. Alexa made a custom suit for me years ago that's held up for more abuse than I care to admit, plus she was such good peeps. She'll be missed. :-(

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Best of luck. I still owe you.

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Many a great/fun conversations w/ Alexa back in the day....Great lady and great work.
    Sad to see her go, she did great work and was a lot of fun :cool:
    Good luck :up:

4. mgrant

mgrant Well-Known Member

Sorry to see it. She was a cornerworker the first time I set foot on a track at Road America with Code school in 2002. She's done great work over the years for me. Best of luck on the next thing.

5. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Hi all! Yup, it's time to hang up the ol' industrial machines. Many of you have become good friends, even though we've not met in person. I'll pop in here from time to time to see what kind of antics and trouble y'all are up to. :D

BB has become a true friend over the years. He'll take care of you, so treat him right. :up:

In the last 2 years, our family stuff has had to take a priority over the biz on several occasions. It was really upsetting to not meet my own high expectations of service and communication, and I can't expect my customers to be so patient all the time.

Also, like Bill said, this is physical work and I've gotten a few repetitive motion injuries I've been struggling with, so rather than beat up my body, I need to move on to gentler pursuits.

Thank you for all the warm and fuzzies, they are much appreciated. I've always had a lot of emotional investment in Spyder Leatherworks, so the decision to retire was not an easy one. I've gotten to meet and talk to some of the coolest people on the planet, and it goes without saying that MC roadracing has to be one of the sexiest, most rock star things anyone can do. (outside of being a sexy rock star).

One more time (for all my fans), here's that pic of me naked on a bike lift:

ENJOY! :crackup:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Right Click, save as

Be right back....

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That's ok; I can still see it.

8. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

What a f$cking tease!!!! I'd donate money to the Airfence Fund to see that photo!!!!:clap:

9. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Good luck with your future endeavors. You did great work on the few things I needed.

Totally off topic, did you ever get the 2012 Japan GP posters? The RFF peeps gave me a weird look when I asked to make sure Alexa got the goofy looking anime. That would have been 2012 btw. Either way, I hope you got them.

10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

This is unacceptable. I forbid it Alexa. Forbid it!

:D

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Oh hell no. GET BACK TO YOUR MACHINE ALEXA!!!!

Roger said so.

oh now he's in trouble. hehehe:D

12. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

just thinking

you know guys this isn't a wake. Alexa is still a class act and a nice (smart)lady and though well wishes and it's the thought that counts is nice I think when someone retires they should have more than that and in lieu of a gold watch or a pop open cake I think a nice card with a little cash in it as a token of appreciation is appropriate in this case after all she has done to promote our sport. don't you think so? I'm not her customer but she is my dear friend and my card and token of appreciation is going in the mail today . but that's just me and I AM BARNACLE BILL ! and I think actions speak louder than words. the best to all of you. bill and darethea

13. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Damn it Bill, I wanted the pop open cake with a hunky cabana boy inside. >:-(

Seriously though, a card is fine (or an email). If anyone feels so inclined they can donate to the RFF or the Air Fence Fund. :) But like you said, I'm not dead yet.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

She's just resting and maybe pining for the fjords. :D

15. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

cake is good

but that's just like you always thinking of others . I still stand by my post though . you deserve it. all the best. bill and darethea

16. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:(
    Alexa, Thank you so very much for everything you have done over the years. You will be missed! :up:

17. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Well crap. If you had said something last time I was there, I might have put together a reprise performance. :)

You'll just need to look past the gray hair on top and the nose and ear hair. :D

All the Best as you move forward!

18. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Thank you for the excellent Leather work and good luck in the future. You will be missed.

19. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Bummer - best of luck Alexa

20. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Best of luck in the future Alexa. Im sure glad you were able to at least get my suit done a few weeks ago!!

Thanks for everything youve done!! :up: