1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken Arrow

Discussion in 'General' started by mfbRSV, Sep 21, 2013.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  2. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

I guess the switch did its job.

3. trancework

trancework It's always now...

And I said gaaaawwwddddddamn, what a rush!

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

How am I the first to post this?
    [​IMG]

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

because I read the thread only a few moments after you did?

6. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I know they said just released. But I Remember hearing the story a couple years ago on a late night radio show.

7. bfkidd

bfkidd Well-Known Member

Exactly. Not really news. It comes up now and then. The incident isn't really a secret in eastern NC.

Only difference is the AP picked it up this time because a book was written about it and published a press release looking for free publicity. Looks like it worked.

8. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Wasn't there an H bomb lost somewhere in South Carolina or Georgia that's never been found? Suspected to be buried somewhere deep in a marsh or river?

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. There was a plane, a B-36 iirc, that had to dump one after a mid-air collision or engine failure or something. It's in the water a few miles offshore, supposedly. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find being that it's radioactive, which makes me think that maybe it actually went somewhere like Israel or something to be used in a different weapon.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Isn't that the situation where the bomb was in water so deep that retrieving it was so dangerous that they decided to leave it where it is? It sounds familiar. :confused:

11. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, it's down off the coast near Tybee Island. I wonder if I've sailed over it?.....

12. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Who cares, it's only North Carolina.

:crackup: :p

13. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I think that was a Nuclear sub...?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think so too, the one off Savannah is definitely just lost.

15. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

You're referring to the USS Scorpion. It went down in the Atlantic. Though they know where the wreckage is. It'd just be impossible to remove the two warheads from the wreckage though. Plus there's the reactor that went down with it as well.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sounds like a good plot to a movie. Anyone beebers good at writing scripts? :D