1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point 9/20-22

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Sep 14, 2013.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

Any chance you can get vintage in at Road Atl?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

why did this get rescheduled??

3. Evil Cupcake

Evil Cupcake Active Member

This is a bummer. I had adjusted my entire military schedule to run the whole Mid Atlantic series this year. Too bad since I pushed my dates back and will be in Japan that weekend. Such a downer. Good luck for those who make it.

4. bluer6

bluer6 Well-Known Member

That sucks I just booked a non refundable hotel.

5. CowboyRR

CowboyRR Well-Known Member

Dagnabit! This was gonna be my first WERA event! Glad I saw this before booking the hotel.

6. tazrider

tazrider Greenwood Racing Wera 71

Im just wondering who will be looking to race after the GNF. The NE weather in Nov can be filled with snow....and its in the mountains. Scary. Maybe that round should be canx all together.

7. joec

joec brace yourself

i just want to say, im really excited about this.racing, november. it could be spectacular. or it could totally suck. either way, its going to be a super memorable event.

cant wait. and sean, thanks for getting it put back on the calendar.

8. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

november at Summitt? Gonna need the expensive kind of sleeping bag for that party round the campfire....

9. layback

layback Active Member

What? Out of 2 races I can afford to do this year, one gets cancelled a week before? WTF? Maybe I should just do CCS and go to VIR

10. joec

joec brace yourself

i think i still have one from march events at vir......:D

11. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Now theres an idea, a bunch of us Vintage riders could race eachother at the back of the sportsman class.

"Its a fustercluck sir"

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

im game if everyone,or at least a few other vintage guys do it.

13. kevin kline

kevin kline Well-Known Member

Like to know the real reason for canceling event.People spent a lot of money for the weekend,made plans that envovled money,work,etc that can not be changed. For wera to cancel with less than a week notice shows very little respect and consideration for the average racer.Who is running the show and what are they thinking , you made a schedule stand behind it. Not traveling south, not racing in November in freezing cold temps,use your heads ,not very safe.

14. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...un-with-asraccsusgpru-september-21-22-at-vir/

15. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

To imply these things weren't considered when WERA made the decision is ludcirous. You really think WERA had NO idea that people have already made travel plans and already spent money on hotels, etc? I'm not a WERA apologist, but your insinuations are insulting. And to imply that nobody is considering rider safety is just stupid.

Does it suck? YUP. Was the decision to cancel made difficult? I'm guessing YUP as well. I doubt Mongo is happy about having to piss off so many.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, nothing ever happens to disrupt the best of plans. :rolleyes:
    ...and it never rains at Summit. :D

17. kevin kline

kevin kline Well-Known Member

I am saying they should of canceled in a timely manner, seems like they canceled in the spur of the moment and they are rescheduling in the spur of the moment without thinking everything through. Just like my comments are a spur of the moment thought. Mongo is just a messenger, I am just upset at the timing, explanation and spur of the moment ideas flying around. Sorry mongo if I upset you and for my comments. As far as safety they were my concerns if other riders want to race ,fine just like some riders ride in the rain and some do not. It is what it is, but the situation could of been handled in a better way!

18. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

That sucks. It was going to be my last chance to get seat time on a big bike before Macau. Total bummer

19. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The press release above is from April 23rd. Knowing they were going up against that event and waiting to cancel (presumably to see if they got enough pre-entrys) is what people will take issue with.

Should of pulled the plug when that event was scheduled, IMO. Bummer for all involved.

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Spur of the moment cancellations are reserved for trackday orgs. :D