1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT Racing GPX Pro Mounting

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Sweet set up LOL

Maybe you should just duct tape it to your face shield. :crackup:

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm thinking that if you just flip the mounting plate over then you'll be able to mount the timer in a much more logical location and orientation (basically opposite of what it is now).

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

You mean the same thing I said previously? :moon:

4. Rx3

Rx3 1%

I replaced my stock gauges with it.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

NO. Keep it on the left fork leg, just flip the mount over so it's turning the other way. He should be able to mount it straighter, or slightly angled in (sort of like his master cylinder res but on the left side), unless the raised clip on mount interferes.

6. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

Best setup is RX3's where the dash is, will try what you recommended, just not sure if it'll hit the tank. I just need a custom mount that can be disconnected quickly, so I will have to think it through.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

i used the XT fork mount. Worked great. crashed well :eek: and the mount bent up in a crash and it was actually perfect. I unscrewed the one screw after a TD for security and for downloading the data on the home computer.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hit the tank? You're doing it wrong. I lifted this image from the XT site. Orient the mount in the same manner as it is in this picture (with the bolt on the right instead of the left). From there you should be able to rotate the mount so that the display is in a more legible position.

[​IMG]

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If you take that key cylinder out and convert to a handlebar switch, you can mount it with velcro on a plate you bolt or epoxy to the triple clamp.