1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Duke help...

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Hello all, I need some help understanding a Super Duke suspension and if the stock suspension is track capable? Im looking a doing a track day with it and doing a two up session with my wife so that she can get a taste of the track. Any advice from other Super Duke owners or anyone with knowledge of Super Dukes would be great. My bike is a 2008 Duke and Im 6" 185lbs and ride at an expert pace. A little history on the bike is that we bought it last year as a new 08 left over. Needless to say it only has 2100 miles on it, with racing and work havent had much time to play with it.
    Thanks, Darren 274n

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Should be able to dial in the stock stuff to be "ok"

If you wanna get really technical, change springs.

I dont really advise doing "expert" pace 2-up anyways...

3. Sundaydisco

no plans on running a fast or expert with the wife. I was just trying to give an idea of ability.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The 2008 Superduke has some good quality WP suspension, just make sure you have the right springs and you should be okay.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

6. Sundaydisco

I have looked at that bike and is on time!! however he doesn't say what they did when they did their "massive tweaking" to the shock stuff

7. rob748

rob748 Well-Known Member

good

super fun bike at the track
    i will look for my set up notes.
    stiffen it up a little and your good to go, look at the manual the have some stock settings
    watch out for the clutch cover, it will scrape the ground

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

One of the instructors at Hallett has a Super Duke. He does 2up rides on it all the time with no trouble.