1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hotbodies

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

What do ya guys think of them...ole' dan sezs they suck, so i didn't pick one up at the GNF for $400...i'm thinking about writin em and beggin for a second chance...what do you guys think of hotbodies?

2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I bought a set at the gnf. The quality looked fine to me. Maybe not as good as sharkskinz but they are half the price. Most of the shit blows up if you crash hard anyway. I just couldn't find a way to go wrong for $395.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

At first it is kinda hard to mount, (If you have not done it before)( we have had almost every kind of bodywork this year--:)), but after getting it mounted it works fine, I wish they would put srill points alittle better on them, especially around the windscreen...BUT look at the pics of "BottleRocket" crashing and they came thru that pretty good, only took about an hour to fix..

So I would give them a thumbs up.
    For the price, and availability, and fixability.

4. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

I have used Vortex bodywork for the past 2 seasons. They've endured 4 crashes total. Still have great integrity. The cost is quite a bit higher than the Hotbodies, but hold together very well.

I bought a set of the Hotbodies at the GNF also. Couldn't pass up that deal! They look to be pretty good, hand laid fiberglass cloth etc. They are definitely NOT junk.
    Not to mention they are also providing contingency for next season. That, in it self, makes the company worth something to me. Any Company that gives back to the racers for purchasing their product is OK in my book. It shows their interest, and the quality will probably improve as their profits increase.:beer:

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

somebody through me a link so i can go beg them for a set:D

6. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

Hotbodies is good stuff. The peeps that complain about fitment are the same ones that have zip ties holding there bodywork together:moon:

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not on our bike.

#249 Well-Known Member

I met Roger at the GNF and complimentd them on the improvements. I bought an original set and it has been improved greatly. Just ask Roger for the GNF deal and I'm sure he can hook you up. :D I'd highly recommend them for the money.

www.hotbodiesracing.com

9. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

I read somewhere....

That "3 AMA teams use them so they must be good." :rolleyes:

I didn't enjoy my set very much.

Jesse

10. edlaw13

edlaw13 Bells Honda Racing

didnt we just have this discussion a few weeks ago. no one liked hotbodies then,

Jesse i told u 3 AMA teams were running them

11. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

12. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

For the money I don't think you can go wrong. I wonder how Dan came up with his opinion on the bodywork:confused: "it's cheap so it must suck" or "through my years of racing I have found they don't hold up well":rolleyes:

13. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I got one of the orginal sets almost a year ago. They weren't that bad then, and they are better now.

At $400 a set, I'd buy them again.

14. gerry

gerry Portuguese MotoGP Champ

Will Hotbodies still sell the bodywork for $395? I defininitly wouldnt pass that up.

15. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I tried a Hot Bodies tail for the ZX. Fitment was great and cost at $100 was great versus a skinz tail for like $200 with the 20% discount. I heard they are under new management and since new man took over the quality is getting better. maybe skinz will lower their price since they are probably making $600 profit off a complete set.

16. EdV

EdV 129 Race Team

I'll try'em

I bought a set, for the price I don't think yu can go much wrong. Dave Hurst (Slide Effects), who paints my bike says that it takes some additional prep time over Sharkskins (which I also use), but he's a perfectionist. For race bodywork, it seems a very good value. :clap:

17. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

They only could get better because the two sets we got were shit. And all the grief I went through was not worth the savings. No our shit is not held together with zip ties and is properly prepaired and painted. Do not like the tail section with the lights. What the owner did to our sponcer at parts unlimited was just wrong too very bad business. Tring to black list him total bullshit.. so I say screw him.......and his bodywork

18. KevMac

KevMac Well-Known Member

hot bodies

Three crashes this year, (two easy low sides however, it did flip over both times.) One high side into the grass. Still using them. And they still look presentable. I thought they held up great. For 400 bones buy two sets and keep a spare.
    Good luck, see ya next year
    K.A. McKemy nov #229

19. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

They said they'd hook me up with the GNF prices for just this week only...going to get me a set sent out tomorrow...:D sorry dan, i am just one cheap s.o.b...and can't pass up on this deal!:cool:

20. cincykid

cincykid Well-Known Member

I just bought a set before GNF (got them at barber). For a racer budget they are fine. Had to fudge with them a litle to fit my GSXR. Also, the finish was not exactly the smoothest for painting, but it is for a race bike. Also, the deal with the "looks like lights in the tail sections", after talking to them about that, you cannot exactly duplicate a set of bodywork and call it your own, so each company has to make some sort of change in the design for each bike to make the set "original".
    If you have the money and want a sure thing, go for Sharkskinz. If you actually have a racer budget and still want a halfway descent set, go for hotbodies.
    just my 2cents