1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi tests Nascar @ Charlotte

Discussion in 'General' started by kjohnson, Apr 23, 2013.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Elena didn't crash the Suzuki she tried at Indy.

2. Elena was not a 2nd-year WERA Expert.

3. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Doesn't she race AMA though? :Poke:

Not a 2nd year expert by any means

4. cgordon3

same minute...but beat me too it. :D

5. Perhaps, but I'm not dumb enough to share :p

6. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

I know. :p

7. cgordon3

:crackup:

8. cody620

cody620 Well-Known Member

The car owners for the NASCAR guys probably won't let them ride a race bike, if they get hurt the owners and sponsors will go off the deep end,,,,

9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

there's a pic on monsters facebook of busch riding a r1 on pit road of course with no helmet on.. i think monster sponsoring them both helps.

10. I can't say that I agree with Spies on this one. I remember several Moto GP riders saying that the bikes were actually easier to ride than the 250s and Moto 2 bikes. Im sure there's a learning curve, but as long as the 2nd year club expert gave the bike the respect it deserved, and worked themselves up to speed, I don't think that they would automatically put the bike on the ground right away.

I think top level WERA and CCS experts would have no problem beating Schumakers times on the D16.

11. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Is this way of thinking still relevant with the new tires they've been using? No one really high sides the way they used to pre 2011...

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Even then I couldn't concentrate on more than a couple races. Same when Montoya crossed over.

13. Are you sure about that?

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

You know he raced in the German IDM series? He did well against the pros as I recall. I'm not so sure it would be that easy.

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

He probably found some way to cheat.

16. Guys like Jensen, Wood, Batey, etc. could have been ten time German IDM champions if they wanted to.

17. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Meli P hopped on the M1 at Valencia2011 and did just fine.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

was she on carbon brakes? those are a big factor right?

19. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

Yes MP was on carbon.

Heard BS say that once: unless you are riding within 2-3 seconds of the pace then the bike would be unridable & you'd crash. Because of the tires.

both EM and MP rode GP bikes and had no problems.

Not to mention the numerous journos that teeter around well of the pace.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  20. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

I never said people don't high side. I implied they don have the massive cold tire high sides that used to be common occurrence. Racers used to constantly bitch how slippery the old hard compound tires were even with 5 laps on them.

I can't recall anyone these days saying they slowed down for 3 corners, lost tire heat and high sided ala Rossi 2010. Isn't that stoners crash from Indy? A lot of people were having trouble there because of the pavement, not the stones.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013