Michelin Super Sport

Discussion in 'General' started by zuithoven, Jan 21, 2013.

1. zuithoven

zuithoven Well-Known Member

I'm looking at the 2013 tire catalog and only see the Super Sport. Is this in place of the cup? Anyone run em? Sorry if im completely off here, I thought the Cup was their race tire. I'm new to racing and haven't ran race rubber yet and was looking at Michelin's tires.

2. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

3. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

Consider Dunlops also as they have excellent trackside support up in your region. Plus, a lot of guys run them which helps in terms of feedback and setup assistance.

4. Yes, the Cup is the race tire and they are great tires. I used them all of 2012 and really liked them.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Contact Tommy Mason up your way. https://www.facebook.com/tommy.mason.56?ref=ts&fref=ts You will get plenty of support and assistance with the new Power CUP tires. No worries.. Dan Ortega is up there killin it on those tires.
    Many distributors and bike dealerships can not carry michelin race rubber.. you need to contact the track side vendor local in your area, or the link above to sbts

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  6. David Grey

David Grey Well-Known Member

Michelin

The Michelin Supersport is the All new track day tire from Michelin in 2013. it will be replacing the Power One Commercial/ or ( track day tire ). The Michelin Power Cup is still the race or competition tire that had replaced the Power One last season. If you need any information or technical data on them feel free to contact me.

as Sportbike Tire Service would be your Michelin connection for Michelins

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. zuithoven

zuithoven Well-Known Member

Okay perfect, Thanks for the clarification everyone.

8. petersv60

petersv60 Active Member

I can't find any info on the new Michelin Supersport track day tyre on the net. Could anyone point me towards some links please?

9. David Grey

Michelin Supersport

im looking for the way to attach the product info as well

View attachment 96150

View attachment 96151

rubber_compounds_front_2.png

rubber_compounds_rear_2.png

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing on our end, I kind of doubt they will but no way to tell for sure.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I hope it comes back in any way (certs or cash). I used the Power Ones in 2010 and 2011 and loved them. I used the Cups once last year. Even better but hard to justify when there's a chance of a return with another brand.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they keep the prices down versus offering contingency it's better for everyone racing really. Only a few people actually win tire money, lower costs is a benefit to everyone on the brand.

14. ZiaThunder

ZiaThunder Girly Racer

I heard from a few at the Michelin conference that there won't be contingency again this year.

15. vdub 2.0

vdub 2.0 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Michelin Supersport tires need warmers?

16. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

:( oh well...

17. MELK-MAN

i don't think any tire NEEDS to have a warmer, but they ALL work BETTER if warmed a bit.

18. MELK-MAN

correct. zip-nadda-zilch on the contingency..but still WAY friggin cheaper than a set of Dunlop UK ntec's , and work really darn well.
    The michelin Power CUP tires will stay the same cost as last year too from what i'm told.

19. David Grey

tire warmers

no they do not need warmers, they work just like the Power One commercial(track day tire) designed to work without tire warmers, and multiple heat cycles, these tires heat up quickly lap or lap and a half. actually the old Power One, when using tire warmer on any other setting than low ( when that option is available ) doesn't help you, these tires work best in a certain temp range, and when starting with warmers in most chases you would have already surpassed the desired range.

I would like to post a video about the all new Michelin supersport, however I cant figure out how to post it. any help would be appreciated

20. David Grey