Un-Employment $$$

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Britt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

So when did "UnEmployment" go to "Un-Employment Benefits" only to become "Un-Employment Insurance"??

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Got to make is more PC and more tasteful to the people getting it.

I got no problem paying in because I might need it again someday. I wouldn't care if they called it "mooch money" but I don't care about being PC.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: THey also need to put a max limit of 3-4 months max. Peeps on unemployment for over a year is plain crazy. Funny just how many jobs are out there if peeps really want to work. And I mean good solid jobs.

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Long-term un-employment benefit is welfare.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Once the feds have to get involved to pay because the insurance has run out it's nothing more than welfare under another name.

6. STT-Rider

And IIRC they take the cash for long-term payments out of a different pot...or borrow it from another pot.

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

99 weeks....wtf?

8. STT-Rider

And Im sure you get a Eating Big Time card as well as a plethora of other freebies.

We should pay for folks to move to states where there is under employment. WY, ND, SD come to mind NV has a shortage of mine workers as well. Kids make $80k right out of high school. Ya its (very) hard work but damn does it pay well.

If they refuse to go to where the work is then no more $$$.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hmmmph, apparently I've known a few people on welfare under the guise of long term unemployment.

10. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

11. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Ah, yes, 1935. Social security.

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How many people were collecting 99 weeks back then??

14. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

15. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

My grandmother called it "drawing your pennies" when I fired my wife

16. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

So wait a minute, I get laid off because my company can no longer afford to keep its employees. If I don't relocate my family to Nevada to work in a fucking mineshaft, I don't deserve unemployment benefits. Really?

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

to have earned or to be given something because of the way you have behaved or the qualities you have

18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Do you think 99 weeks is a good thing...?? For you or your family??

I have drawn exactly 2weeks ($112wk) of Unemployment in 38yrs of working...the shop I worked in shut down because of flooding from a hurricane, they had their HR dept. sign up everyone they layed off automatically..I tried to give back one of the weeks because I had already found a job...(it didn't pay as much as I was making, but it was a JOB that paid the bills and was NOT living off the TaxPayers).

I can see an amount of time to actually look and find a job, if there are none in your area, then YOU need to go ElseWhere...not sit and play xbox hoping for an extension of your "Benifits"...oh wait now it is "Insurance".

rant:
    (Yeah gawdamn "Insurance" you will continue to vote for the mutherfkkers who provide your fkn handout)
    rant off

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  19. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Not for 99 weeks, no you dont. There needs to be time limits on all of the entitlments. I think 3 months of unemployment for single and married couples with no children, 6 months for families with children. Do you think you couldnt find a job in 6 months? Might not be what you were doing before but I know anyone can find a job right now. Problem is everybody thinks their to good to do most jobs anymore or thats beneath them. Whats wrong with working in a mineshaft, god forbid an American have to do any hard work now a days.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This is gonna be good.

How long do you think you "deserve" to receive said benefits?