NRA press conference

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by crazywolf450r, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Bugman

Bugman Well-Known Member

So the wackos will carry multiple 10 round sidearms.

Let's be real, no firearm legislation less than the repeal of the 2nd amendment will be effective...and that aint gonna happen unless the government wants a civil war.

2. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

Current "bullet buttons" are pretty easily defeated if you're willing to break the law. I'm guessing once someone decides to go on a killing spree a simple and cheap modification to a gun isn't going to stop them, even if it's <gasp> illegal.

3. Bugman

Bugman Well-Known Member

This is the same argument as - a doorbell at a school isn't "security"

4. Redbird

Redbird Well-Known Member

You are correct, they are both valid arguments.

5. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I had a buddy with one in 9mm, if memory serves me correctly back in the late 90's, you could't hit the broad side of a barn past 40-50ft. It was terrible. It was a fun little carbine though for what it was. I haven't tried one of their modern incarnations though. Maybe they are better.

6. ACDNate

I can loosely use a 3' screwdriver in an assault capacity. Should we take those out of the hands of people too?

Seriously? do you read the stuff you post? "lay down and effective field of fire"? It's a pistol with a long barrel and a 10rd mag.

7. caferace

caferace No.

I think the deputy under fire was 60 yards or so away, wasn't he? With a couple of people down between him and the shooter, armed only with a handgun I imagine it might have been tough to discern the make of the weapon.

-jim

8. csm800

csm800 Well-Known Member

Jesus H Christ - wtf can't people figure out about this (yay, bourbon infused logic, this will be good)

I was a Ford engineer and watching the FN 145 come off the assembly line at the Wixom assembly plant when this happened:

http://www.workplaceviolence911.com/sites/workplaceviolence911.com/files/ViolenceSpillover_1.htm

Supervisors had radios - they were tracking this guy as he went through the plant. Cops carry radios - can over educated, namby pamby teachers figure out how to activate the push to talk button? F***, organizing kids is like herding cats, I'm sure they could figure this s*** out.

Armed teachers/janitors/superintendents/lunch mothers/etc add time for the police, and who ever else, to respond. This will save lives. All they need to do is coordinate - get the kids to safety and shoot back. They don't need to be accurate - first shots usually make people crap their pants. Their job is to delay delay delay....more time is better.

9. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

No, just 10" screwdrivers.:Poke:

And evidentially, that inaccurate pistol with a long barrel was sufficient enough to keep that officer at bay. Look, I'm not sure why your so determined to try and change history here. The comment was made that he didn't have a rifle and he in fact did. There is NOTHING to argue on that.

10. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I have not shot the Ruger you cite, but I am a fan of the company and have shot many of their products over the years.

but I will tell you the hi point carbine is very accurate out to 100 yards ( I have never shot it past 100) and extremely accurate at 50.

11. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

He must have had a "Monday" gun:D

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

It very well might be...however as I mentioned above, I prefer the quality of a Ruger.

13. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Next time you make it to Barber, lets take them both out to parking lot D (the one right off turn 13/14, it has a lot of "range" and a good high backstop.

I am sure Mr. Barber won't mind at all:D

14. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Is that an admission you are screwed? :Poke:

15. ACDNate

Not attempting to change history. A carbine and a rifle are not the same thing. That's like saying my neighbors Harley is one of those crotchrockets. Not the same thing.

The 10" screwdrivers are way too dangerous. You can get too much torque on the thing and do a lot of damage.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

From FreeDictionary.com:

ri·fle 1 (rfl)
    n.
    a. A firearm with a rifled bore, designed to be fired from the shoulder.
    b. An artillery piece or naval gun with such spiral grooves.

2. rifles Troops armed with rifles.
    tr.v. ri·fled, ri·fling, ri·fles
    To cut spiral grooves within (a gun barrel, for example).

car·bine (kärbn, -bn)
    n.
    A lightweight rifle with a short barrel.

I can't believe we're still having this debate. Whatever the fvck it is, isn't the point of why it was brought up to begin with..... Calling someone a coward from the comfort of their computer is a moronic thing to do especially when they don't have all the facts. Fact is, if someone is coming at you from 50+yards away with a long gun you ain't going to give two shits on exactly what make/model it is, even if you're carrying a handgun. Do some of you actually live under power lines?

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Nah. Under bridges. :D

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

19. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

You are confusing my preference to buy quality with your claim of accuracy.

20. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

That's funny, here I thought carbine are a smaller length barrel of a parent rifle. Well, I guess the most notable exception to that would be the M1 Carbine used by infantry forces from WWII through Vietnam. That was not a smaller more compact version of the M1 Garand, but a smaller more versatile weapon. Shorter barrel, but not less deadly. I'm willing to bet that the M1 Carbine has killed more people then all of the commercially available repli-guns combined.

To use your comparison. I would say it's the same Superbike, with different gearing. A shorter barrel will have a slower top, but much easier to get around tight tracks.