2nd Amendment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mongo, Dec 17, 2012.

1. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Yeah, and what happened to that petition to protect the rights of gun owners?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Way to jump off the cliff.
    How many of your examples would be in danger of being euthanized?
    Provided they're all able-bodied(not getting in the way) OR some one individual or family accepts responsibility for them, NONE are in jeopardy.

Do you fly off the handle in real life?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wrong agenda

4. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I would lobby against it.

This is just staggers the imagination. In light of a study conducted by his alma matter, way liberal Harvard, that concludes that high levels of gun ownership lead to lower amounts of violent crimes; this stupid son of a bitch still wants to restrict guns. Either Harvard is stupid, or Obama (and everyone else jerking their knees right now) is stupid.....

Occam's razor, folks. This is what we get for electing morons. Obama is a better actor than Reagan ever thought of being.

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

After Winchester's "black talon" pistol ammunition was pulled from the market many years ago, and production stopped, I'm not aware of any pistol ammo that has the capability of penetrating body armor. Projectiles made of steel, or any other non deforming metal, is not legal to make as far as I know.

Are you saying that there is such a thing today, and if so, what is it and, is it only available to the police or can anyone buy it?

http://www.texassmallarmsresearch.com/TechInfo/TeflonBullet/Teflon.htm

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

If we look at this kind of rule logically we can see how it would eventually eliminate all firearms that were not in the hands of the registered owners. If a firearm is collected by the police, and it was in the hands of someone other than the registered owner, it could be destroyed. If someone wants to sell to another owner it would have to be done by a registered firearms dealer so that ownership is transferred legally. Eventually, other than stolen guns, there would be no guns existing whose location wasn't known by Government.

That is something that I'm not willing to see happen.

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Britt, Britt, Britt.............:)Don't you understand anything?

Don't you know that some more new laws will solve our gun problem because obviously the roughly 22,000 existing gun laws are not working. The powers that be keep passing more laws so that eventually it will be so damn frigging illegal to do harm with one that God will smite the hell out of an evildoer without even thinking.

Maybe it would help if Congress will print any new laws in bright bold print so that it's easier for criminals to read. That way criminals will know for sure that it's frigging
    ILLEGAL TO KILL ANOTHER PERSON WITH A GUN!

It may still not soak in though. :)

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One other small adjustment to the wording if you will; it's feet first into the chipping devise. Gives them a couple of seconds to think about their sin before it's, well, kind of over, don'tcha ya see. :up::)

9. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

not all 5.7 ammo is armor piercing... ap rounds are military/law-enforcement only. civilian sales are prohibited.

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2005/01/012005-openletter-tech-fabrique-nationale-pistol.html

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Basically because those petitions don't offer any advantage to Obama is why he's not addressing them. Obama's own words about needing to take "immediate Congressional action" in a very recent speech is evidence that he's attempting to ride the emotional wave of the moment. This shooting event has fallen right into his lap and he's going to take total advantage of it if possible. Anyone that suggests that we not fall into the knee jerk reaction syndrome will be labeled a heartless cruel person and will be ridiculed by the press continually.

GET THOSE GUNS! GET THOSE GUNS! WE'RE GONNA GET YOUR GUNS!

11. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I am pro gun but I am struggling with a bit of logic.. in my mind.

Cars: while designed as transportation, they have the potential to kill. As such we require that they be registered and insured for liability.

Guns: actually designed to kill (among other things) we fight against registration and no special liability insurance is required.

That is not logical to me.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the "cop killer" moniker is just media sensationalism, but yes the 5.7 round was designed to, and will, bunch through most body armor.

You can by SS109 penetrating rounds for 5.56mm all day (or you can if you can still find any after the latest run on ammo).

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

I'm thinking that if a twice convicted felon wants to buy a gun from an honest citizen who complies with a background check requirement it would mean one less felon has a gun. If you find that to be shackling, and you think that a background check is too big a burden, I got nothing for you.

Are you opposed to all background checks?:confused:

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Cars are not a Right bestowed upon us by our government. Privileges are taxed. Hence, registration for taxation.
    Guns are not a privilege bestowed upon us by the government. Hence, no registration for taxation.

Can you imagine having to pay a tax on anything in the Bill of Rights?

"You, sir, have spoken your peace. That'll be fifty quid, please."
    Yeah, right.

Oddly, they get away with it.
    Right to assembly? Sure, just not in public. After you get the permits for peaceable public assembly, you've essentially paid a tax.
    Think of the ways they get ya relative to our Rights...coming and going.

15. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Where did I say that I was Opposed to Background Checks?? NO WHERE...I said I was Opposed to the Gawdamn Assault Weapons BAN....;)

16. Shyster d'Oil

No shit, Schelprock. :D The AWB is a joke, we all know that.

But look at your post 349. You seemed to infer that background checks would do no good.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should try reading slower and allowing what I actually wrote to soak into what appears to be, a bad case of a total lack of Comprehension, or I think you may be reading what you want to read insted of what I wrote.

I have no issue with CCW laws or Background checks...as long as both are done in a timely fashion. There was that Clear Enough>>? I really tried to t y p e s l o w l y f o r Y o u.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  18. Shyster d'Oil

Thank you for clarifying that you didn't mean what you said. :D

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The facts don't matter, its the agenda coupled with opportunity.
    A manufactured crisis pushed by the proper media channels yields results.

Who here lives in a school system where they banned and even disposed of hamburger using finely textured beef? The Pink Slime campaign was entirely contrived to inflame public opinion regarding a safe product, because nobody cared about facts. No one wanted to eat something called Pink Slime.
    And no one will want the neighbors owning Assault Weapons which have an automatic function to them. It all just sounds horribly dangerous.
    Something must be done to calm down the chickens.

And Obama has just the ticket in mind.
    Oo wait, the Man himself is speaking live right now.

20. 771Doug

771Doug V6HW #686

Anybody here old enough to remember the "Saturday Night Special" argument?
    Small caliber, easily concealable guns that held 5 rounds or fewer were a scourge upon society and needed to be banned immediately. Now they're all too big and powerful.