F1 usa - cota

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Nov 16, 2012.

1. We were in section 23 of T5 and saw lots of turn action and gear changes. TV doesn't do much for the raw sound of the downspouts, backfires and guttural traction control noises. Wood producing. Saw lot of DRS overtakes on the rear straight too. We had epic T1 seats on Sunday

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That's what I miss the most about the Indy GP's. You could stand on the fence line by the crossover bridge and I don't think you were more than 20 feet away from the cars going by. Sounds like nothing short of a jet fighter.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What were the costs on some of those grandstand tickets?

4. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Well I have 3 day seats purchased for motogp in turn 15 G-stand for $135 plus conv yadayada.

Just for referance.

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good pics, Strick. Thanks!

6. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Love those shots of the supporting races. Anyone know if Speed TV aired them as well as F1?

7. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

I paid around $900 for two in turn 12 at the end of the back straight.
    200 mph to 70mph in next to no distance at all..
    The eye/brain has trouble processing the action..and LOUD does not begin to describe the noise.

8. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

They did not.

9. caferace

caferace No.

It's been over 30 years since I went to an F1 race. For those of you who have done both, is it louder than MotoGP?

-jim

10. Strick

Strick Good to be king

It is a higher pitch loud.

11. Strick

Strick Good to be king

A couple more shots of non car stuff....

[​IMG]

The fly over

[​IMG]

View from turn 15

[​IMG]

Looking at turn 1 from turn 19

[​IMG]

12. Tunersricebowl

Tunersricebowl Fog, onward through.

Here's my best non-race picture..
    Best race track to take a pee ever..never a wait and never a stinker, but I didn't visit after the race ended..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  13. 675AV8R

:crackup: That's a lot of portacans

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Reporter "Lewis that first corner, what are you going to do up there?"

Lewis "Can you imagine? I've got Grosjean behind me!!!"

:D:crackup:

15. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

It was worse when they were V10s.

16. derby369

derby369 Well-Known Member

yup.. expect 'em to get even quieter when they go to the smaller turbo engines.

17. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I guess I'm not a fan as much as others. I think the tech is amazing, the aerodynamics is simply mind-boggling, but the racing itself didn't do much for me. I watched the race, but wasn't very interested.

The track, however, gave me wood. I can't wait to be there in April, and I'd seriously consider donating a kidney to ride it. So freaking cool...

18. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I just started watching F1 a few races ago but I'm digging it. The racing isn't super spectacular but man those pit stops are insane! I still can't believe they are under 3 seconds consistently.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you were gonna watch only one race this year, that was probably not the most exciting one to pick. I can't blame someone who is not really into the sport for getting bored when the racing is not too exciting.

20. 675AV8R

There have definitely been some exciting races this year. This one wasn't one of them. I was more excited about the track than anything else.