1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest curve?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Nov 6, 2012.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

We dont get to ride that one :(. Does look faster than witchcraft though

2. jonatalia

jonatalia New Member

Don't know how many of y'all been out to race in Colorado but turn one at La junta was pretty f'in fast. It's been awhile but on a 600, from what i can remember, it was roll off the gas just slightly in 6th then hold on through the transition from asphalt to concrete. Hpr's high plains drifter is pretty quick too. 5th gear long sweeper up hill going off camber.thanks

3. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

njmp coming onto the front straight -5th gear knee on the ground on limiter on the 1k. dont know the speed.

4. You must be running really short gearing, but anyways, why not short shift to 6th before you turn in?

5. strgt

strgt Well-Known Member

Its not southeast and it may not be the fastest turn but T15 "the spoon" at Calabogie motorsports park is pretty hairy. 5th gear with a really blind entry that feels off camber because of a large crest. The hill before entry is really blind and if you are going fast enough you don't have enough time to change your line before you can spot the apex. There were a few times my back end came sideways just from tipping the bike in because you hit the crest during the main part of your turn in. You have to really trust your turn in point and get your shit in order before you even see the turn. Also, if you go off the track there your making it to the armco! The last turn at jersey may be faster but its mild compared to T15 at bogie.

6. mjwells222

mjwells222 Member

True DAT!! I lowsided there years ago, completely destroyed a bike..

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You obviously haven't ridden there, not really much of a turn, but it's fast as hell and completely blind. I rode two days in a row there recently and never did get comfortable going over the top pinned on an R6. I thought Danny's pass on Cameron was even better than Stoner's pass on Lorenzo.

8. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Stood behind big Hans at Brainerd One when he was working for Honda -- holding a radar gun. Zemke hit 198 coming at us and (IIRC) 170 at the apex with his knee skimming the ground. That was on the RC51 same year as Nicky won the title. Josh could likely comment.

Kevin's quote when asked by corner workers "where are you and what day is it" was something like "Brainerd... and I crashed on Friday but it must be Saturday by now" -- after sliding on his back for an eternity.

That said, Ski crashed in the Tri-Oval at Daytona and slid a measured 1200 plus feet on his back onthe pavement. Barney, the first to arrive on the scene began slapping David in the head to which Ski responded something like "WTF?"

"Dude... your helmet is on fire!"

Love those stories when I hear them from the source.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012