1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-Ohio Questions.

Discussion in 'General' started by emusic2010, Jun 23, 2012.

1. emusic2010

emusic2010 Sales - Podcast - Racing - Track Marshal - Coach

I have some questions about the North Central round at Mid-Ohio 7-20 - 7/22. On the schedule it say "Vintage Motorcycle Days", does this mean vintage bikes only, or just that they are having a separate event like the swap meet.
    So my question: is the race schedule basically the same as all the other rounds so far? A Superstock then Vintage, then B superstock then Vintage etc.

Just trying to make plans and I wasn't 100% sure.

2. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

pretty sure it's just vintage and i think whatever class the twins ride.

3. emusic2010

Ok. I was looking forward to riding there, lol I hope we're both wrong.

Does anyone know what happened in previous years?

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Its all vintage....along with anything that has a twin or triple cylinder engine. No modern inline fours. I ran it last year on a modern twin. Its a great time.

5. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

What's the age requirement for racing the vintage stuff ?

Registration papers say 18 , rule book says for any amateur road racing age is 18 , Mid Ohio track rule for track days is 16 , called the AMA they said 16 and over

I'm confused !!!!!

6. emusic2010

Ok thank you, I guess that frees up some time and money for me for track days.

7. dubrdr

dubrdr Well-Known Member

Is an rsv4 eligible,,,,, for this event?

8. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

As mentioned above, Twins and Triples only for modern bikes...

9. Johnny_B

Johnny_B Member

Modern 2-strokes (125s and 250s), motards, and Moto3 bikes are also also allowed.

10. giggidy!...can't wait for vintage days at mid -o...an event not to be missed!...big crowds!!!

11. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. It's easily the highlight of my season!:up:

12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Forgot about that. lol Good catch.

It's awesome to see the stands and lawns full of spectators. My favorite event as well.

13. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Yeah, its the one race of the season when you get to pretend or "feel like a pro" for a couple days! WERA and AMA really do this one up right! Plus, the evening activities put the icing on the cake! :)

14. emusic2010

I think we need to get more spectators to come out to WERA events. We could get the entry fees down for the riders with ticket sales and have some more money to spend on our machines. If they can get 1,000's of people to come out to Mid-Ohio, why not the other events. Theres usually less than 100 people watching.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because people don't like roadracing for the most part. There is WAY more to VMD at Mid-Ohio than just roadracing. The swap meet alone draw more people than the races do.

We also don't have the money to promote club racing. Ads aren't cheap and all it takes is one wet event to put you out of business.

The main thing is though, there aren't that many fans. Our customers always have been and always will be the racers at the level we run.

16. stalemate27

stalemate27 Banned

Ya vintage days has a lot of people spectating because of the swap meet part of it , not because of the racing

17. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

VMD is a festival that includes a race. Some people plan vacations around it. AHRMA has helped Barber build its festival into a huge event as well, but we can't make every race on our calendar into that. By the same token, you can't expect WERA to turn every race into a big festival. I think if the funding was there and it was tried, it wouldn't work. People would burn out on it. The market will only support so many big motorcycle festivals. The rest are just pure races, and appeal pretty much only to the racers.