1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA 1000 class is dead. At Barber and it's just sad

Discussion in 'General' started by GrayGhost, Jun 23, 2012.

1. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

I agree with you BC ,It seems everyone just likes to complain , the racing has never been better , quit the complaining and support it . Actually go to a race and see it in person thats when you will see better tv.

2. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Thinks its sad that more folks arent watching the Xr's - I watched O'Hara and Wyman trading first at almost every turn and banging bars going down the front straight yesterday lap after lap - it was a great race but very few folks will get to see it .
    If the SBK races werent being won by such a hard working and stand up guy Id fuss, but, come one - its Josh , who can fuss about that guy putting his head down and checking out ? :beer:

3. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

Racing was great in all the classes, weather was hot as hell. Were still driving . Almost home. Don't hate on 2 or 3 guys in superbike for doing there job, the rest of the guys need to step up

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

You are so full of shit too. You'd be racing for no money and you know it. Competitive little shit :D

5. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

... and Suzuki's efforts are hamstrung by their corporate problems. They are still running their 2009 base and it was nothing special when it was new.

Having said that, Josh is riding amazingly. He bangs out incredible lap times from the green to the checkered ... mistake free which is even more impressive.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They use the "We're in a country that absolutely loves motorcycles and motorcycle roadracing so we have a crapload of viewers" format.

7. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

So where is this picture of Bostom's girl?:D

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

could imagine circa 2007-08 Ben Spies and Mladin thrown into this season's AMA SBK racing with a now head of the class Hayes?

the racing would be epic

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lots of pix from over the years. Really nice girl and definitely cute.

10. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

Add Nicky and another with full Honda support. Maybe a factory Ducati squad thrown in too. BMW?

11. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

the current gen R1 came out in 09 as well

the suzuki bikes are fast and the team is good, its coming down to riders

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well.....I didn't want to get too ambitious all at once.

In other news, did anyone else notice how well mannered Blake sounded in the post race interview after race one compared to the way he was acting during/after Road America? I wonder if he got a little talking to.

13. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

and how do you watch it if speed doesnt show it? :confused:

14. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

From my probably narrow perspective, as ya'll will surely set straight quickly.

I place a huge blame for the coverage on the lack of participation from the manufacturers that still have chosen to stay out of the series. I know there are specific circumstances for each company that drive there choices, but c'mon. You gotta put your product out there.

Honda's butt hurt from the Previous DMG regime, but a lot of concessions have been made by DMG, and they have been getting a good report card for the most part. Honda's the Biggest name in M/C! Get over it.....

Kawasaki, I' don't know. I mean I get it, global slow down, economy, yadayada. At least give Stanboli enough back door money for a real effort. Your lame ass commercials aint pushing the bikes off the showroom floor.

Ducati! Isn't N. America there biggest market? I thought I read that in one of there quarterly's or anual reports. Again, I know, small company, MotoGP effort, #46 salary....
    Even one bike in the series. Ferracci is over it, but Boulder wants to race, Duc Shop! Those guys are ready.

I guess my point is that you have a product in a huge market, promote it!

Not even participating is just shamefull.

IMHO

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I don't think AMA racing is a huge market. It's fringe. There is more money in other fringe sports that aren't so expensive. The manufacturers obviously don't see the dollars and sense in staying in this sport no matter how magnificent we think it is.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Too busy funding the SX/MX series perhaps?

17. colin96

The N American street motorcycle sales market.

THey arent racing these things at that level because it "FUN". It's to sell street bikes. AMA pro racing is not a market, it's an entertainment event that helps promote a product for said manufacturers.

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

If being involved in racing sells street bikes how come Honda and Kawasaki aren't racing in the US professionally?

19. colin96

That's exactly my point.

Goes back to the "win on sunday, sell on monday"

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With street bikes the win on Sunday sell on Monday isn't as true as it is for MX stuff - that and the total numbers are way less.