1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012: WERA Tracks - Whats your favorite?

Discussion in 'General' started by gluvnaa, Jun 11, 2012.

?

2012 WERA Track - Your Fav

1. Auto Club Speedway, Fontana

1.1%
  2. Barber Motorsports Park

28.7%
  3. BeaveRun Motorsports Park

1.1%
  4. LVMS Classic Course

1.1%
  5. Mid-Ohio

14.9%
  6. Miller Motorsports Park

14.9%
  7. New Orleans Motorsports Park

4.6%
  8. Road Atlanta

25.3%
  9. Virginia International Raceway

13.8%
  10. Willow Springs Int'l Raceway

2.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Yep

The story on Miller is that Larry Miller (local car dealer magnate) wanted a place for he and his buddies to go run their Ford GT's - they guy was a freak for GT's and Cobras (I think he had one of the largest collection of both). At some point, someone convinced him that he could actually turn his personal playground into a revenue-generator. The rest, they say, is history. The facility is planned for additional improvements. But yeah, some elevation change would have been cool - on balance though, I've got a pretty sweet deal on access and cost......

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Sounds a lot like the Barber story actually, just with cars instead of bkes

3. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I voted for Miller. I've seen it on TV a few times over the years and have always wanted to ride it. I finally got to a few weeks ago. The track and facility are awesome. I got my 1st 3rd place there so maybe I'm biased. I really enjoyed that track!

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Dude! Yes!
    I just did like 40-bazillion laps there at a track day.
    I understand it's not on WERA's 2012 schedule....but damn! It should be!
    I did the CCS round there, it was great!

More than a few people said that trackday riders love it, & racers hate it.......not sure if or why that's true. Great track.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I really enjoyed CMP when I raced it with WERA in 2010; the track itself just needs to throw a grippy paint line down @ the kink showing the rise in the asphalt, imo. Otherwise, tire wear aside I thought it was pretty damn cool.

7. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Regarding the survey, hard call between VIR and RA - but Summit should have been included for the NE cats.

8. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I think racers didnt like it because MOST racers prefer a track that flows a bit more. CMP is a bit choppy in flow, but also because it eats tires fast.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

:stupid:

Turn 1 sucks and so does the last turn. Also, they need to do something with the kink (smooth it out).

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I like T1. :D, and I like the last one. T1 only sucks becuase most people try to go too fast through it and fuck up T2. The last turn only sucks because it is tighter than 90 degrees but most people try to take it like a 90. The hump in T9 only sucks if you suck too much to remember it is there lap to lap and hit it :D

I like the track. :D

11. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Well that sux cause Roebling Road is The Greatest! :up:

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

no. it sucks....:)

13. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

LOL.

I hate roebling. so maybe we are even :D. I am shocked at how many people liek that place. It sucks

14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:stupid: Roebling is great.

15. Road Atlanta

16. bodell

bodell Green Racing Advocate

+1 CMP

17. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Tally for me!! Absolutely HATE Roebling!!! :)

18. mb4lunch

That's why WERA put your race number on all the trophies this year....you have good taste!

:up:

19. mb4lunch

Barber....."World Class" facility? Uuum, only if you can find a spot with electricity! Sell one of the damn sculptures and put in some plugs fer Gawds sake!

And why the Frack can't you go out on the track and walk or bicycle?

Trying to sleep at night? Don't worry, the security force will drive by every 2.5 minutes all night and wake you up.

Barber: Nice track...... so so accomodations.

20. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

1.Road Atlanta...a racer's racetrack, not everyone can go fast there, the total package.
    2.Barber...technical, lots of different lines, like the elevation, hate the lack of drafting opps.
    3.VIR...only went once. i liked the layout, liked the scenery, didnt like the narrowness.
    4.Talladega...trail braking galore, ample passing spots for a short track. it is in a cornfield though
    5.CMP...it wasnt easy to go super fast here either, technical, tire chewer, middle of nowhere
    6. Roebling...boooooring, everyone can go fast there, not a lot of hard braking, boooooo! :D