1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest on Spies

Discussion in 'General' started by galloway840, May 30, 2012.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Container is not properly sized for the amount of fluid!!!

David

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

On lap 7 Lorenzo got beside Pedrosa and passed him on the front straight. He drafted him and passed him. So... now what?:Poke:

3. Dr. Stupid

Dr. Stupid Well-Known Member

Absolutely. There were laps where Lorenzo was about a second behind Pedrosa at the beginning of the straight and didn't lose any ground whatsoever. That was not drafting, that was motor.

Credit to Yamaha, they got their shit down in the off-season. And with the new 33 Bridgestones giving front chatter to the Honda's rear chatter, Stoner and Pedrosa are going to be fighting more with the Tech 3 riders than with Lorenzo.

4. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

5. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

Just watched the first few laps again and despite the draft, couldn't see the Yamaha gain a foot running up behind the Honda on the straight. It looked like there were more than a few times that the Yamaha was going to ram the Honda from behind based on corner speed both at entry and mid corner, but I'll go back and check out lap 7 again!

Like I said before, the facts really surprised me when I saw that the Hondas were at the bottom of the list...

6. 418

418 Expert #59

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of the comments on Crash mentioned the Yamaha boss was in the pits for this race.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You saw him on TV.

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I thought we agreed not to talk about it... :D

10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

That will put a little get up and go in you if you've had a shitty season.

11. Chip

Chip Registered

Are you guys debating the "level" of mistake?

He screwed up! It was dumb. It was a mistake. Move on.

12. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

13. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

No question about the mistake and Ben was clearly pushing.

He was clearly being held up by Dani and I'm sure Ben knew Lorenzo would be coming forward. If he were to ahve a shot at winning the race, he had to get around Pedrosa and try to put some distance between he and his teammate. So he crashed trying to win the race. Cant blame him for his intentions.

But another thought is what someone has previously said, maybe he should have been riding for a podium and focus on taking some points away from the Honduhs. That's the team stance and one to which Lorenzo paid lip service earlier.

Based on that, i'll give him an out on this one albeit that this mistake had THE WORST timing given the season thus far. The reaction from his garage was unmistakable and reminded me of Nicky's garage following a series of mistakes at the end of his Honda tenure. We all know how that turned out for Nicky.

14. jmanley

jmanley Well-Known Member

... and conversely, Pedrosa had absolutely no trouble draft passing Lorenzo.

15. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

That's how I see it too.

16. HRC-E.B.

HRC-E.B. Well-Known Member

He'll get plenty... in Superbike!!!

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Stoner's lap record.:Poke:

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't see Stoner listed in those results.