1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Tires

Discussion in 'General' started by PPPope, May 10, 2012.

1. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

I am having trouble sourcing a Pirelli race tire. My regional Pirelli vendor doesn't have tires in stock and won't until the end of the month. I need one:

Pirelli Superbike Racing Slick
    180/55
    SC2

Shipped to 13027

Any help?

Thanks

2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Contact these people-

http://www.kfgracing.com/

Yes it's across the country, but if they can't help you out they may know someone who can.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Click my Pirelli sig. :)

Call them tomorrow and ask for Chris. If he cant help you I'm sure he'll point you the right way.

4. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com

I know there has been a shortage of the 180 slick, so maybe try a 180/55 SC2 DOT?

Some of those came in on a container this week.

5. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

pm sent

6. misterwaterfall

misterwaterfall squid status commence

Semi relevant question: Is the slick much quicker than the DOT? I was told the Pirelli's were pretty close DOT to slick

7. Supercorsa SCO

Supercorsa SCO Well-Known Member

the fast sv guys in florida with a 5.5 rim are using the 180/60-17 DOT cuz it is much better for side bite and grip and it is the latest thing they like they use in world supersport and it is in a similar size

8. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

180/60 DOT is better than the 180/55 slick from people that have used both and can boogie on a race track.

9. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com

As the OP said, the really fast tire is the 180/60 DOT.

There's not much difference between the 180/55 DOT and slick.

10. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

fwiw I use the 180/60

11. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sounds like everyone is giving you good advice. I can tell you that with the latest tires, Tyler is 1.5-2 seconds quicker, per lap, when switching from a SC2 to a SC1 rear tire, same track, same day, same temp, same setup. Still ran the SC2 front during this test.

If it is cold you need to be careful with the SC1, as it will tear.

We use http://www.ctracetires.com/ Chris and Corey can talk with you about your needs and hook you up.

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You can't be serious? That tire is HUGE!

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I have run Stones and Pirellis (160) on my SV and I have found I can run the same lap times on a Pirelli DOT as I can on a Stone slick! In comparing Dot to Dot.....there is no comparison. The Pirelli is hands above the Stones in my experience when it comes to DOT'S.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

We've had great results with the SC1 rear, both in hot and cool conditions. We keep a close eye on hot pressures in cooler conditions and alter slightly. YRMV. Absolutely a fantastic tire.

I believe we also have a set of slicks as well, unused. My dad was going to run them, but had some engine issues this past weekend and might not be riding for awhile. PM if interested.