1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New tires for 250 Ninja's

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Any of you 250 guys know about these yet ? Was just posted on one of the Canadian forums by the Dunlop race distributor, Sandy at Pro 6. New Dunlops developed for 250 Ninja's and CBR250's called the Sportmax GP Unbeaten 02. Supposed to be a true race tire similar to the N-Tecs sizes are 110/70/17 and 150/60/17. The sizes are what got my attention, that's what my 400 Bandit takes. Been running the Michelin Power Ones and love them but they're not making these sizes in the new Power Cup. I've got enough Power Ones ahead to get me thru this yr. but it looks like I may be trying Dunlops next yr. Be nice to hear some feedback from anybody that tries them.

2. nomad600

nomad600 Well-Known Member

I'm running them on the 250. So far, so good. The rear size mounts better than I expected it too.

3. Vitamin-E

Vitamin-E cornerin lo in the 3-1-fo

Suscribed. Using BT003RS now. Are these DOTs that require tire warmers?

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Wonder why they made them in 150, rather than 130 or 140?

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bigger is better. Duh.

:D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You know that doesn't really work in a thread about the baby Ninjers right? :crackup:

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bigger is always better, you know that.

I'm putting a 190 on mine.

:D

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm gonna make a streetbike one - thinking extended/widened swinging arm and a 320 :D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You want it.........you got it

Attached Files:

10. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

That definitely sounds "better". :D

That's it. Must have.

<edit> Another foot on that swingarm and that might be the pimpinest pit bike ever.

11. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

How the hell do you keep the counter-shaft sprocket in the stock position and keep the rear sprocket aligned? Looks like the wheel is shifted to the right side of the bike, must be fun as hell to ride. :wow:

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

^what he said. :confused:

13. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

A 150 makes just as much sense as running a 200 on a 600cc bike. either way, it's 2 sizes over stock.

14. stickboy274

A 150 makes just as much sense as running a 200 on a 600cc bike. either way, it's 2 sizes over stock.

15. Supercorsa SCO

Supercorsa SCO Well-Known Member

Yo

2011 European Jr Cup riding EX250 Ninjas with Diablo Rosso 2s 110-17 and 140-17
    New for the 2012 Canadian Superbike CBR250 Cup, Diablo Rosso 2s 110-17 and 140-17
    And if you have to run a 150-17 Pirelli has 2 compounds for the rear Supercorsas and 2 compounds for the 110-17 front Supercorsas. Call Chris at MPH as he has got the goods!!!!!!

16. sowega

sowega #710

I'm testing a set right now. So far, I like that they make it a little easier to break the back end loose and they seem to have helped with the front end chatter I'd been having.

The bigger rear doesn't affect handling as much as I thought it would; I think the Dunlop has a much rounder profile.

17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

OK, whatever...

18. stickboy274

Steering with the rear on a 250. Gotcha

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No worries, Stick, I'm "sticking" with you. :D

Promise I'll put the 'stones ahead of rear steering Ed, too.

:Poke:

20. stickboy274

I have no doubt you will be in front of him. I know who's the big spoon and who's the little spoon here