1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta Theft-Update

Discussion in 'General' started by FrmrHallCntyDet, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love Chitwood.

4. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

Is your motor home an extension of your property? Do you have the right to shoot someone who is trespassing inside of your motorhome parked at say Road Atlanta?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Other than that pesky sign at the gate disallowing carrying firearms onto the property...

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

1. Yes.

2. No.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Castle law applies to vehicles in some states. Shooting someone for trespassing, no. You must be in imminent fear of death or serious bodily injury to use lethal force under the castle law. Terminology is very important. What comes to mind when you say "trespasser"? Now, what comes to mind when you say "intruder", whose demeanor and mannerism, while holding a metallic object in his hand which appeared to be a weapon, put me in imminent fear for my life...?

The favorite words of one of my instructors: ARTICULATE AND JUSTIFY

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

judged by 12 or carried by 6, which option do you choose?

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Exercising reasonable caution and not putting myself in a position to be forced into either option. :up:

Capping the thieving pile o' excrement wouldn't be exercising that reasonable caution.

There was no threat of serious bodily harm, cam dude did it right and got the 5-Oh involved (after the paddock tuned him up a bit...I hear those paddocks are slippery after a confirmed theft :D ).

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Agree, I was not referring to this video as an example for use of deadly force

11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

what do you mean? perfect example. guy pulled a gun, I saw it. bang. oops, guess it was cell Phone? my bad. Geez, I can't find my cell phone, and yours is all icky now, wherever did I put my cell phone? hope you don't bleed out while I look for it, shitbag. Sorry, was I standing on your neck while yelling for help? Ooooo, you don't look too good.

Disclaimer: I know castle doctrine doesn't apply. And you'd end up getting your ass sued off, or end up in the can for other issues, like icing him and lying about it as in the hypothetical situation above.

As a civilized society, I guess we have to accept it. But man I giggle when some of these guys get their lungs deflated. My rage issues would probably result in me having all kinds of legal problems if I caught one of those fuckers myself.

12. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

If I had a motorcoach, I wouldn't shoot him inside of it. Be one heck of a mess to clean up... :Poke:

13. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

The perp looks too good in that mug shot. It's a crying shame that no one used a 36" screwdriver on him.

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

+1... got a tenant that makes a killiing (pun intended) doing crime scene cleanups. :D

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Without putting this into the dungeon.. Why would you want to. Granted he's a POS.. I think he got the best anyone could have asked for and stupid should hurt. In this case, the pain was brought on by those most deserving to issue it.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How about the cop, retired, still looking at the case and taking his personal to come here and update everyone on the situation? He didn't have to do any of that but he did.

That is f@cking cool as motherf@ck! Major ups to him and hella cool. :up:

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:clap::clap::clap:

18. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

You want him? Come get him.

19. gogreggo

gogreggo Well-Known Member

Guess a flare gun would be a better option.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Prolly burst your eardrums too. Best to shoot him outside then drag him back in and say he jumped you. Put a 3' screwdriver in each hand to CYA.

:up: