1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survey on what oil you are using

Discussion in 'General' started by Newb2, Nov 13, 2010.

?

WHAT OIL DO YOU USE IN YOUR MOTORCYCLE?

1. AMSOIL

48 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. MOBIL 1

64 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. MOTUL

100 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. OEM BRANDED

22 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. REPSOL

26 vote(s)
    5.2%
  6. ROYAL PURPLE

5 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. RP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. ROTELLA

173 vote(s)
    34.5%
  9. SILKOLENE

25 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. SOME CRAPPY OIL NOT LISTED.

38 vote(s)
    7.6%
  1. mkvamso

mkvamso Fall Risk

Ive ran repsol semi synthetic for a while now. Get it from a 55 gallon drum from a local shop. I switched from mobil 1 4t and i noticed a better shift feel. I wouldnt say its really any better than any other quality motorcycle oil but ive had good results from it and can get it cheap

2. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

It could be that a lot of people are using some excellent, very expensive synthetic oil and don't consider it to be "some crappy oil not listed".

Or it could be because you come across as a petty little jerk who gets his feelings hurt because everybody didn't participate in your poll and they're not voting just to see you whine.

These are just a couple of possible reasons, I'm sure there are more. Maybe you should have another poll to discover all the reasons. :up:

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Damn! :wow: Just DAMN!

4. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

If you give us the phone number, we can call our case worker who will help you get your meds straightened-out. :moon:

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I use what ever is on sale at Wallyworld, but I make sure I add some Slick 50 each time...

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because people do not want to provide you with your marketing results without being compensated for it?

Pay them if you want the answers, otherwise, buzz off.

and your rolleyes right back at you. :rolleyes:

7. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Slightly more polite than the way I worded it but I think it gets the point across just fine.:up:

The kinder and gentler Dave K. :beer::D

8. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

:crackhead:

OK, everyone now understands that you think your opinions or experiences are so "valuable" that you need to be compensated for them. :Puke: You can buzz off now because I doubt anyone is interested in compensating you for your oil use experiences.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You want to do research and you don't like the response you get and want more information, pay the people. Your poll smacks of marketing research for an oil company. If I was WERA I'd be pretty pissed that you're trying to mine their site.

Want to stay? I'd suggest you shut up for a bit because I've taken a real dislike to you.

10. 418

418 Expert #59

So you're pissed because you can't get our worthless opinions?

Got it.

11. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

I don't remember saying I was "pissed"--just surprised that over 5000 people have viewed the thread and only about 3% shared what oil they utilized.

And I wish I was working for an oil company, those seem to be the only chaps rolling in the money.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

5000 people have not looked at your thread. It has been looked at 5000 times. It could very well be just the people who reply to it who have been checking it out every time it comes up.

13. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

Didn't think of it that way--thanks for the clarification.

14. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

I think this was your verbal/written warning

next it the all mighty BAN HAMMER :clap:

15. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

16. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

Epilogue

Rotella has lapped the nearest competitor in the poll. :up:

17. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Still stuck on this?

18. Newb2

Newb2 плохие люди сосут

No, but it supports my theory that we all have a little Harley Davidson blood in us--we like bling--of the non-chrome type. Thus, people will buy the cheapest thing that does a good job SO LONG AS other people can't see it. BUT, if others can SEE IT, like an exhaust system, paint job or helmet or some other item, THEN, money is no object--like the Harley owners with their chrome. I am going to get so much shite for this ! :Off:

19. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

I've been using Rottella full syn. for 5 yrs. now. I new it worked great but when I took apart my motor to freshen it up I had all the evidence I needed to keep using it. The motor was a 1000cc with 16,000 street miles plus 8,000 track miles so 24,000 on it. It still ran good just needed refreshing. The internal parts looked almost new minus a little carbon on the tops of the pistons which is normal. I was impressed how good it looked inside the motor.

20. ZxMoke

ZxMoke Well-Known Member

Pics?