1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of town weddings

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Feb 7, 2012.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

If he's your friend, you do it.

Fuck the money, you can always make more.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I'm available that weekend :crackup:

3. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

I know how you feel. My sister is getting married on the coast in Alabama and the whole fam damly has to treck there from Texas.

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I figured someone would take me up on the offer :crackup:

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Shouldn't we all be getting an invite for your upcoming wedding soon? I hear it's close to happening after she moves in. :Poke:

6. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

In so many situations, sometimes, the answer just has to be no - I can't do it

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

The over/under is 100...........................

...................... number of wedding photos that he wants the "best man" to take! :)

8. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Yep. This is what savings or credit cards are for.

If someone is truly a best friend, what is $2000 over the course of a lifetime. Even still it doesnt need to be that much spent. Fly in Friday, skip the rental car, Fly out Sunday. You are looking at airfare (use some frequent flyer miles if possible), $500 for the resort, Tux rental.. and a night at the strip club. Part of being a best friend is him understanding you are paying for this out of pocket and trying to do it as economical as possible. He should be loaning you his car and his couch or spare guest bedroom.

9. gsxrchick22

gsxrchick22 ~Deidra XOXOXO

Has he said they are not paying for anything... Room, tux? I am a event planner in a "destination wedding" area and I encourage all of my couples to pay for the wedding party or help with some of the expenses. If they are in the beginning stages and have a planner this will likely be suggested to them.
    It is also ok to say you can't do it... That happens with my couples all the time and while they are bummed out at first, the day goes on. Just don't back out at the last min!!!! Or just suck it up and go... Bet it is going to be a great time and may be a great get-a-way. ;)