1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moral and Financial dilemma

Discussion in 'General' started by benfer, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I'm confused. Who decided you get 200k and how much did she already get?

Sorry about your dad, and I would keep the money and use it respectfully in his name.

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Take the money, invest it, and don't think twice about it. Make good use of it for you and your family. I agree with the thought of considering it a slight repayment on the astronomical malpractice rates he had to pay over the years.
    If you're wondering what that money could turn into over time, go to http://sporkforge.com/finance/invest_grwth.php
    Enter $200000 for the initial amount, $0 for the annual contribution, 3% for annual interest rate (very conservative), then enter 20 years as the time span.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Run a Bimota race team for a season.

4. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

First you'll need to know your tax obligations,then take care of your family and try and save some for the Air Fence Fund,that way you'll help save someone an OB/GYN has delivered.

5. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

from the breakdown in the legal documents, the wrongful death compensation was 1.2m widow getting half, other half being divided among the 3 children.

6. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Ok, gotcha.

7. gsxrchick22

gsxrchick22 ~Deidra XOXOXO

No moral issue here at all. Do what you need to do to help yourself and donate to something your Dad would have.

Really sorry to hear about your Dad :(

8. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

3%......!!! A blind man can toss darts at the NYSE listings and do better than that!

9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

What are your sibs saying?

10. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

we havent talked it out yet, going to get together for dinner this week. I just received the info today and one sister is out of town.

11. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

First, sorry about your father, that must have been an agonizing thing to go thru.

You should keep the money and use it for something that will brighten your future/kids future. Sure a father would want that for his son.

but....would think about tax liability before going too far, anybody here have any ideas on that?? You don't want a 2012 tax bill to blast you next year.

All the best!