tire changer

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Dec 10, 2010.

1. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Agreed. I love seeing the wheels line up waiting for pretty new rubber!

2. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Just got done doing around 500 demo tire changers today, 500 yesterday, and 500 on friday. I hope you have been practicing little guy. :D

3. benprobst

This has got nothing to do with being better than him, its about the speed and safety of our changer.

4. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

How many hours a day did you work? I've got my calculator at the ready. :)

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Ben, I would never knock the product. I know way to many people that are very happy with thier NoMar changers.

From what I can tell, someone did a good job making it.

6. H8R

I've have zero issue's with the product....but honestly you'd better throw in the towel Ben otherwise we will see a PSR No-Mor tire changer. :crackup:

7. benprobst

8. benprobst

Ohhh I know u guys don't have a problem with the changer. This is just about whooping your ass on a 600 dollar manual tire changer that is 100% made in the US and garaunteed for life. :0

Luckily we are heavily patented and have an aggressive lawyer, but I'm sure it's possible.

9. H8R

:up:

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Cool! That's 96 seconds per tire. :up:

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I agree. Air to Air is more representitive of "typical" use. no pre lubed or warmed tires. Race tires can be seated by hand practically. ;)

12. benprobst

Yeah it's a rough guess, but I counted a couple times and it averages out to 1200-1500 changes a weekend (3days). I do that about 15 - 25 times a year. With the wheel already secured and the bead broke I can remove and install a brand new stiff touring tire in around 12 seconds.

13. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

If I had known you were in the booth I would have said hi. I stopped by to get some spray lube yesterday, but was told the spray lube is watered down paste. And I didn't have time today to buy the paste today. Such a doink I am.

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ben,
    Are you going to be at the IMS show in Long Beach? If so, I would like to come say hi.

15. benprobst

Shoot me your address I'll hook you up.

16. benprobst

Yup yup. I'll be there slingin changers and mackin Cali hoes. I'll be the tall and suprisungly handsome guy who just winked at your wife and or of age daughter. I apologize in advance, but I'm still going to do it. :0

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well since, I don't know what "of age" is in Missouri and my daughter is driving now, I imagine I will leave her at home. I still find my wife very attractive, but she can handle herself pretty well, so I won't worry about her. :)

18. keeena

keeena Member

Curious: about how much do you have into it to refurb? Sounds mostly cosmetic cleanup? Any tips on what to look for? Been eyeing a No-Mar but found a 5030 for half the price. Haven't seen it yet but obviously needs some work; supposedly still works fine according to owner.